INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display the title of the current or playing playlist  (Read 552 times)

Greyhound

• Recent member
Display the title of the current or playing playlist
« on: March 02, 2020, 04:03:11 pm »

How can i see the title of the playlist i am playing.
I sometimes forget which playlist i am currently playing.
Is there a way to display or see the playlist that i am currently playing ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display the title of the current or playing playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 09:47:27 pm »

Once you have started playback of a Playlist, it is copied to Playing Now, and is no longer a Playlist. So no, there is no way to display or see the playlist that you are currently playing... because you are playing Playing Now, not a specific Playlist.

Think about it. You could add several Playlists, and some individual Tracks, to Playing Now. MC would need to keep track of where each file was added from, because MC works at the file level, not at the Playlist level.

What you can do though is add the "Playlists" column to the Playing Now View, and that will show all Playlists that the Track you are listening to belongs to. If it only belongs to one Playlist, then you would know which Playlist you are playing. If the Track belongs to several Playlists, then you have several Playlists that you could be playing.

If someone knows better, because I've never really looked into this, speak up. I don't mind being wrong.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Greyhound

• Recent member
Re: Display the title of the current or playing playlist
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 02:20:57 am »

Thanks Roderick.
I was hoping that was not the case .
Sometimes i am playing a playlist and cannot remember exactly which one it is after a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up