INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Presentation of "Possible Genre Matches" when manually entering the genre  (Read 538 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I've been using data obtained from Discogs, via manual search, to correct the genres of my tracks and there is something unusual that happens if the genre I need to enter contains the word "Vocal". Currently I have 3 such genres vocal, vocal Jazz and vocal Pop that pop up in the list of "possible matches" when I'm entering the genre/genres of a track I've just looked up; now for the fun/amusing stuff, if a simply enter the letter v then the list shows the 3 possible genres in the above order, but if I then add the letter o, to give vo, the order of the genres in the possible matches list changes to vocal, vocal pop, vocal jazz. As somebody who has written a fair bit of software, and therefore aware that sorting data can be problematic, I can't work out why MC is switching from a proper alphabetic sort order to what I would classify as an illogical order.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Hi,

I've noticed the same thing... :)

Michel.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Would you be willing to send a library backup to matt at jriver?  Include instructions about what files you're tagging.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks for the backup.  I'll have a hopeful fix in the next build.  Thanks again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up