INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC26 problems on audio linux  (Read 636 times)

btomi9

• Recent member
JRiver MC26 problems on audio linux
« on: March 16, 2020, 03:35:58 pm »

Hello,

I have been using JRiver 22 under Windows Server 2016, nowadays with Windows Server 2019. Recently I switched to audio-linux, which is an Arch linux based OS. Since it is not debian, I installed it with the command

yay -Sy jriver-media-center

It installed the latest version, JRiver media center 26. I bought the upgrade licence which it has accepted no problem.

What is strange and makes it unusable is this:
I have to setup DSP studio to convert everything to 96KHz in order to make my lab12 Greek DAC to work. If I switch tracks, sooner or later the DSP settings will revert back to the original (mostly 48KHz, only 2 of them is No change) and of course the error message comes that it's unable to play 44.1KHz format etc.

Sometimes if I just leave the sound for about 4-5 minutes, in the middle of playback the sound stops and a windows comes up: Something went wrong with the playback.

Can you help me, please?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver MC26 problems on audio linux
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 03:17:41 pm »

What device for output are you choosing in MC's Audio output options?
You generally should choose a hardware device (hw:) or stereo hardware output device (front:).

The defaults likely go through Pulseaudio on your system are are limited to the sample rate that pulse is using.
Pages: [1]   Go Up