INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: odd crashes: buffering, play past song length  (Read 411 times)

jbpsrca

• Recent member
odd crashes: buffering, play past song length
« on: March 19, 2020, 12:32:39 am »

JRiver has started crashing lately. Has been highly reliable in my setup for many years. I suspect intermittent failings of my networked HD (music file source).  Thoughts for RCA or resolution are appreciated.
Symptoms:
JRiver plays successfully for 15-90 minutes, then freezes and requires a PC reboot. The freezes have been either:
- A song stops in middle of play, and JRiver says "Buffering..." interminably, until I reboot, or
- A song reaches its end (eg 2:35 minutes) yet JRiver keeps counting past that time (eg:2:27:33 hours), and transmits a white noise hum to the speakers
My WD networked HD has worked reliably with JRiver for many years. But I have noticed some intermittent slow responses when saving Word files to this drive lately. Could such HD "pauses" confuse JRiver and cause this type of response?
I can send via PM some log files and screen shots after some freezes (too large to attach)
Win8 PC with JRiver MC 25.0.114 (32 bit). I think I was on 25.0.076 when troubles 1st started, then upgraded to 114, with same results

Pages: [1]   Go Up