INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last.Fm Not working on local play iOS  (Read 815 times)

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
Last.Fm Not working on local play iOS
« on: March 19, 2020, 07:42:22 am »

I noticed that JRemote isn't scrobbling if I listen to music on the iOS/iPadOS device itself, but works fine if I choose a desktop zone. Not sure if this is a known bug, but it's something I hope can be looked at when there is upcoming development of the app. I also own Jremote2 on android and it works there.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Last.Fm Not working on local play iOS
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 03:27:33 pm »

I noticed that JRemote isn't scrobbling if I listen to music on the iOS/iPadOS device itself, but works fine if I choose a desktop zone. Not sure if this is a known bug, but it's something I hope can be looked at when there is upcoming development of the app. I also own Jremote2 on android and it works there.
Just double checked this and it's working fine for me with local playback, transcoding enabled or disabled.

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 05:55:02 am »

That's so strange, are there any settings I might have forgotten to enable/disable etc.? I tried disabling and re-enabling scrobbling on the server pc during playback then it reported the track being played but even after stopping/starting a new track, on the last.fm page it's still stuck to that same song that  played when i enabled/disabled, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong..

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 09:26:47 am »

That's so strange, are there any settings I might have forgotten to enable/disable etc.? I tried disabling and re-enabling scrobbling on the server pc during playback then it reported the track being played but even after stopping/starting a new track, on the last.fm page it's still stuck to that same song that  played when i enabled/disabled, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong..
I don't think there's much else. Running it in the debugger, it reports the play state 5 seconds from the end of the track playing which is what triggers the stats update in MC and to last.fm. Does the number of plays of the track in MC increment when the track finishes playing in JRemote?

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 11:49:36 am »

It worked once at random and i can't figure out why it did, but then it doesn't report # of plays to the server libary db most times i play songs for some reason, I'm on iPadOS 13.4 w/ version 3.30, server being 26.0.30.

After some testing it seems that it doesn't report current playing song until it's played through and then it shows up like this instead when next track is already playing. Seems like a bug? On the desktop clients it reports the track live as expected and as soon as i change track, the current one also changes.

Edit: It also seems to not send any info if it is seeked or skipped even if 50%+ of the song has been played in realtime, which the desktop client does on default, JRemote only seems to scrobble to last.fm if the song plays through untouched.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 03:08:52 pm »

It worked once at random and i can't figure out why it did, but then it doesn't report # of plays to the server libary db most times i play songs for some reason, I'm on iPadOS 13.4 w/ version 3.30, server being 26.0.30.

After some testing it seems that it doesn't report current playing song until it's played through and then it shows up like this instead when next track is already playing. Seems like a bug? On the desktop clients it reports the track live as expected and as soon as i change track, the current one also changes.

Edit: It also seems to not send any info if it is seeked or skipped even if 50%+ of the song has been played in realtime, which the desktop client does on default, JRemote only seems to scrobble to last.fm if the song plays through untouched.

Looks like our findings match. It does the reporting of the played track at the end in JRemote which explains why you don't see it if you skip or until it's played until at least the last 5 seconds (when track transition states start to change).

The reasoning is that the event is done (in JRemote at any rate) on the completion of a track since starting a track and skipping to the next, etc is not considered a play. From my vantage point if it's scrobbling when playing on the desktop right away that's the incorrect way to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up