INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to group by seasons in theater view  (Read 830 times)

CHaun

• World Citizen
How to group by seasons in theater view
« on: March 22, 2020, 03:27:37 pm »

I've been using standard view forever and I'm trying to get theater view working. When I select my TV Series menu in theater view (which I created by adding library item from standard view), I see all of my TV series icons lined up and alphabetized as expected. However, when I click one of those icons for a series, the order of the episodes inside is a hot mess. It seems like any customizations I make on sorting only affect the tv series icons. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: How to group by seasons in theater view
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 04:18:40 pm »

This should do it.  Set it up like this.

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 04:42:09 pm »

Thank you! I had to also add episode to the mix, but that has got me very close.

Now how can I change the text to episode name instead of number on the display?

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 05:42:15 pm »

You shouldn't have to add episodes into the mix.

To set the thumbnail caption go to Tools>Options>Theater View>Customize file info panel>choose Movie from the drop down>Manage button>Edit Template> and then you'll see the caption setting

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:04:09 pm »

Thanks again. I'll start playing with the template. In the meantime, if I remove the episode setting, the series scrambles. Is there a better way to stop that?

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 09:34:54 pm »

Check to see how you have your files sorted. 

In the screenshot I posted, highlight season and then edit and you'll see a sorting option.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 01:10:47 am »

The Shows Views in Theatre View use the TVInfo(SeriesDisplay) and TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) functions for the Categories Series and Season respectively. Those functions create the Series-Season-Episode levels in the View. See images (which I am reusing from an old post I did, hence the non-standard View names).

If you ever need to know what Views existed originally and how to recreate them if you have deleted them, you can just create a new Library and load it, and look in there. It will have the default Views. I have one of those Libraries, which I referred to as my "Reference Library".

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 06:32:12 am »

Thank you so much!! That got me to where I need to be. The whole mess was from the type being defaulted to Library Field instead of Expression and my ignorance on the whole.

For some reason, the (TVinfo) command didn't seem to work. It's probably because most all of these aren't recorded, but from DVD. I had to insert actual fields ([Season][Episode]), but that's all good and working.

If I don't insert an extra step for Season selection, every episode is displayed on the same page but with no separation between seasons (i.e. Season 2 Episode 1 is immediately after the last episode of Season 1 on the same row with no break or visual space in-between). I'd prefer to skip that extra step if you know of a better way to get separation.

Thanks again!!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 04:53:35 pm »

For some reason, the (TVinfo) command didn't seem to work. It's probably because most all of these aren't recorded, but from DVD.

It should work for ripped DVDs, or other sources. You also shouldn't need to insert actual fields.

Try this.

If you ever need to know what Views existed originally and how to recreate them if you have deleted them, you can just create a new Library and load it, and look in there. It will have the default Views. I have one of those Libraries, which I referred to as my "Reference Library".

You can copy the View setup from a "Reference Library" as I do.

Or you could just search the forum for "TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)". You will find some informative discussions.

Function reference: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Miscellaneous_Functions#TVInfo
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up