INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conference call software for online meditations  (Read 1113 times)

baldo

• World Citizen
Conference call software for online meditations
« on: March 23, 2020, 07:59:50 am »

I want to hold online meditation sessions where the backing music is played internally into the software rather than be played out through my sound card. I will speak during the call and use a normal dynamic mic.

What I would like to do is have the music output from MC as one channel and the vocal mic as the other channel, I can set the levels at my end and the people at the other end hear the mixed output.

Not sure if I have explained this as clearly as I could. Let me know and I would be happy to fill you in.

My sound card is a @Julia ESI. Could I use the output from the card to directly port into Zoom?

Can I send the sound directly into zoom from my PC without having to play it through my loudspeakers.

Many thanks and I hope that you are all staying safe and healthy in these difficult times.

Could I plug my dynamic mic directly into the soundcard and then port the output from the sound card to Zoom?  So the mixing is all done in the Sound Card.

baldo

• World Citizen
Re: Conference call software for online meditations
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 07:26:16 am »

Anyone???

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 07:53:06 am »

I don't know a way to do exactly what you're describing.

To my knowledge the only easy way to get Zoom to playback desktop audio is to share the screen, and then there's a "share computer audio" type choice there.  It will send both the computer's audio output and the mic output, and you can do the level setting using the OS volume mixer.  That's only like 75% of what you're asking for here if I'm reading you right?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 06:43:36 pm »

This seems like a question for Zoom.

But you could just create a video conference and then use a static image video, which would require much bandwidth, and then use the "share computer audio" feature.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

baldo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 08:27:23 am »

Thanks for your input guys. This does help, a little. 

I tried to sharing computer sound only option and that works to an extent. I can port the sound output from my computer into Zoom. I can even play music in iTunes and it will port into the zoom call.

However... It will not work if I play music from MC. So I am afraid that the issue is really a MC issue.  I really want to use MC as my media player for the music during these calls and not have to do it via iTunes.

My soundcard is a ESI Juli@ soundcard, if that helps.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 09:57:49 am »

Thanks for your input guys. This does help, a little. 

I tried to sharing computer sound only option and that works to an extent. I can port the sound output from my computer into Zoom. I can even play music in iTunes and it will port into the zoom call.

However... It will not work if I play music from MC. So I am afraid that the issue is really a MC issue.  I really want to use MC as my media player for the music during these calls and not have to do it via iTunes.

My soundcard is a ESI Juli@ soundcard, if that helps.

Based on the way the issue is presenting, I'd bet you're using an exclusive sound output option in MC (WASAPI, ASIO, or Kernel Streaming)?  If so that won't work with any software interception because MC is outputting directly to the hardware.  If that's the issue try changing the output in MC to direct sound.  It might be possible to use WASAPI non-exclusive, but try direct sound first as a diagnostic.

baldo

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 10:08:24 am »

Ok, that seems to work, if I set the output to Default Audio its the only way that it works.

I also have to set the default sound output as Juli@ Speaker.

I am just wondering how the mic will work. I am just waiting for a connector to arrive so that I  can connect my Sennheiser mic into my sound card.

So the output from MC can be ported into Zoom.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 11:16:33 pm »

I owned an ESI card many years ago, and the features of its drivers were very good.  The Juli@ card may also offer DirectWire that allows you to map and combine inputs to various applications.  If you do see DirectWire as an option in your mixing utility, learning to use it may give you exactly what you are looking for.  It will allow you to mix and combine your mic with output of other applications.

See if DirectWire is an option for Juli@.  If it is, read the documentation to learn how to use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up