INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio not analyzed fully  (Read 871 times)

erviv

• World Citizen
Audio not analyzed fully
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:56:16 am »

Running the latest Linux version on my Pi (buster).  When I run the smart list “audio tasks need analysis“ it lists no files requiring analysis. However in system reports it shows I have 13 files that are missing analysis. Any ideas as to how I can find out which files these are?
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Audio not analyzed fully
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:12:21 am »

It's a video that still needs analysis.  The Reporter view shows both, and the smartlist under audio only shows audio files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:52:49 am »

Matt thanks for the suggestion.  I checked my video files also (changed the smartlist to check video files and still comes up blank.  The problem also couldn't only be video files as I was about to update my posting with the following information to give more info.  Total files 7180, audio 7166, video 7, image files 7.  Thumbnails built 7180 of 7180, Audio Analyzed 7160 of 7173.  So there are 13 files that are apparently not analyzed.  I see that the 7173 is the sum of my audio and video fiiles (7166+7). 
I also listed all my audio and video files and confirmed that each has a value in the dynamic range field, which from what I can see usually only gets populated when I have run the library tool analyze audio.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 09:05:37 am »

I'll make the next build split the report into two lines.  Audio analyzed (audio files) and Audio analyzed (video files).

It cleans my library up as well, so I like the change.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 02:55:04 pm »

I think this might be more of a buster related issue. I checked my stretch Pi and it is reporting the correct results all files analyzed.  My buster Pi shows that 13 files require analysis.  Both Pi’s access the same files stored on my NAS. Both pi’s report the same number of total files.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 10:08:40 am »

I think this might be more of a buster related issue. I checked my stretch Pi and it is reporting the correct results all files analyzed.  My buster Pi shows that 13 files require analysis.  Both Pi’s access the same files stored on my NAS. Both pi’s report the same number of total files.
JRWorker needs to run to analyze video files. You might want to verify that the libav plugin got installed and check for missing dependencies in JRWorker and the Plugin using ldd.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 10:38:07 am »

thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the delay.  I have been distracted lately.
 libav is installed. But I can't figure out how to check the dependencies.  However I did run apt-get install -f which would fix any missing dependencies. Also my video files are fully analyzed so I am guessing that JRWorker is working.
I have updated to ver56.  I see that now audio and video analyzed are two separate lines in the system report.  My video files show all are analyzed (7 of 7).  My audio files still show 13 files to be analyzed (7153 of 7166).   Running from the smartlist 'audio-- task -- needs audio analysis' still shows no files requiring audio analysis.
As mentioned I run two pi's one with buster and the other with stretch.  Both are running MC26 ver 56.  They both use the same source, a router attached hard drive, for audio and video files.  The stretch version shows all 7166 audio files analyzed, versus the 7153 that the buster version shows.  While this doesn't cause me any issues.  It is a discrepancy that I would like to better understand.  Please let me know if you have any additional ideas.  Otherwise I'll just assume that this is a buster/buster interface issue, and keep an eye on it to see if at some point it corrects itself.
What field does the reporting tool use to determine if an audio file has been analyzed?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 10:50:07 am »

Could you send a library backup to matt at jriver?  I'll look at the analysis difference and let you know.  Thanks.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 10:29:12 am »

Matt, it is interesting  that my library, that I sent showed fully analyzed for you.  I decided to set up a library on my Mac which accessed the same files. Although it was slow to analyze the files, doing it over wifi it did in the end show all 7166 as analyzed. So at this point only my buster rpi library instance of these files was showing 6 files not analyzed.
I decided to try another approach from a running the smart list of files needing analysis. I opened file view and selected all files. I then performed audio analysis on all files with the check box skip analyzed files checked. This showed that 13 files were going to be analyzed, although from what I could see they appeared to have been already done.
In any event my buster rpi now shows all files analyzed.  So no more problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up