INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: “Connect” JRemote to Library Server or Client?  (Read 537 times)

pepar

• World Citizen
“Connect” JRemote to Library Server or Client?
« on: March 29, 2020, 10:22:42 pm »

I have an Intel NUC running Debian and Media Center configured as the Library Server. (My media is on an unRAID box.) And I have another Debian box with Media Center configured as a client connected to a small multichannel system in our bedroom. This box has the same unRAID share mapping as the Library Server so it plays the files “locally.”

I installed JRemote on my iPad, opened it and was presented with both the MC Library computer and the client computer as “Servers” to which to connect.

Not being able to get into the app until I connect, my question is which should I connect to? I have done some reading so I think my question really is if I should connect to the server and push content to the client which will be listed as a zone .... ?

Jeff
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: “Connect” JRemote to Library Server or Client?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:28:25 pm »

Either.

Try both and see which way you like best. You will see slightly different functionality when connecting to the Client rather than the Server, mostly around the Zones used as you have discovered, and possibly around transcoding if you need to use that, but both ways work.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up