INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion Cache songs added to library  (Read 824 times)

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
Conversion Cache songs added to library
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:16:34 am »

Every time I sync my iPod Classic (yeah I still have one of those), songs from the conversion cache are added back to my library as unique songs. In Auto-Import I have specifically told auto import to ignore that folder, and it's not in the path of the watch folder folder anyway. Yet, I still get a bunch of them when I sync. I've created a separate view to filter out that path so I can manually delete them, but it's an annoyance. Any reason why this is happening and how can I prevent it?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Conversion Cache songs added to library
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 03:30:51 am »

One of MC's long present "foibles".  Simplest solution is to create a smartlist which sniffs them out and manually delete them.

MikeO

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 07:35:46 am »

Ditto see them as well and manually manage , its only when i sync my iPod

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 05:40:19 pm »

I turned off the Audio Conversion Cache partly because of this. I just let the PC convert each time I sync to a device.

It takes longer, but for what I sync, not so bad.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 12:21:51 am »

It's been a few years since I ditched syncing in favour of JRemote, but, MC should be placing the conversion cache files in stacks with the original files. You should then only see them in your main library if you expand the stacks.

If that's not happening, then I would call that a bug rather than a foible, unless there was an intentional change along the way that I missed.

-marko

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 12:32:42 am »

The other reasons I turned off the Audio cache are documented in Note 1 to 3 here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Sync_Options#Clarification_of_Audio_Conversion_Modes
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 02:47:37 am »

It's been a few years since I ditched syncing in favour of JRemote, but, MC should be placing the conversion cache files in stacks with the original files. You should then only see them in your main library if you expand the stacks.

If that's not happening, then I would call that a bug rather than a foible, unless there was an intentional change along the way that I missed.

-marko

Hello,

I still have an iPod classic and the files within the conversion cache directory appear exactly as stacked with the original files and that sync problem have never happened to me; I have already installed MC26 but I have yet to make the switch from MC25 so I don't know if things could be working differently now.

Regards,
Fabrizio

mainerobinson

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 05:19:48 pm »

-marko

I get a mix of results using the sync functionality, none of which are expected or intended. A bug indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up