INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Designate HDMI on MC Library Client box as a zone and send content to it?  (Read 564 times)

pepar

• World Citizen

My setup is a Debian NUC MC Library server and a Debian mini-STX MC Library Client.

The client has DVI and HDMI outputs with the former connected to a local monitor, and the latter to a MCH A/V system with a large flat panel.

The Debian desktop is duplicated on both DVI and HDMI, but to get audio to the HDMI-A/V system I needed to assign the HDMI to be the Debian installation's audio output. That meant the analog out/monitor is silent. As this is a box dedicated to being an MC Library client, that is not a problem. Theater View, turn off the computer monitor and life is good.

OK, my next step has been to try to control my MC use remotely with JRemote.

I have been able to connect JRemote.  I have been unable to get media to my A/V system and display. I get some small thumbnails in the upper right of the Media Center standard view .. on both displays.

So, first things first ... how do I keep the standard MC view on the computer monitor and a full screen video image and MCH audio to my A/V system? Add the HDMI output as a zone and play to it?

I have a feeling that if I can get his to work, JRemote will also work as I need it.

Jeff
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
Pages: [1]   Go Up