INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing coverart via client  (Read 457 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
changing coverart via client
« on: April 01, 2020, 10:05:22 am »

Hi i have a server  and a client setup via two pc's just moved the server pc up in attic out the way , my issuses im having is that if i want to change say coverart of a movie via the client nothink changes on the server also happens if i edit metadata .. so is this how it should be or can the client pc thats connected to the server  make these changes at client end ? because i thought you can make changes on client and theses changes should be shown at the server

thanks

pfm555

• World Citizen
Re: changing coverart via client
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 11:00:55 am »

Not 100% sure. To my knowledge you cannot make changes on the client that show/stay on the server. The changes have to be made on the server.

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 11:03:22 am »

many thanks, for reply ... in that case i can not understand why have a client server setup oh well..

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 05:51:54 pm »

You must have Authentication turned on for changes on the Client to be synced back to the Server.

Also, some changes can not be done on the Client and synced to the Server, such as many file functions (RM&CF, Covert Art, etc., although file deletions work), changes to Views, and a few other things.

Changes that work from the Client include all metadata changes, as long as they don't involve filename or Cover Art, Playlists, Number of Plays, etc.

There are several threads on the topic, and maybe even a Wiki article. This one, though it isn't a complete list. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync

If you need to make changes on the Server that you can't do from the Client, use Remote Desktop or similar (Teamviewer, VNC, LogMeIn, whatever) to connect to the Server and do it through that connection.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up