INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with detecting new albums in library.  (Read 2036 times)

Liquid Snake

• Recent member
Issue with detecting new albums in library.
« on: April 05, 2020, 02:48:53 pm »

Hi

I would like to get some help regarding two issues with displaying albums in my music library.

1. Sometimes when I upload an album to a folder where is my whole music collection, MC is not displaying that album at all, no matter how many times I click on refresh, I checked tags and all seems to be just fine. Sometimes I can see uploaded album without manually refreshing it, sometimes it takes time and worst-case scenario, I don't see new album at all, how to solve this issue?
2. When I change folder names, the album is still visible but I see inaccessible duplicates of old folder name/route, it's visible on the attached screen, I reorganized my collection recently and I have to manually remove every duplicated song? is there any faster way to get rrid of unnecesary files?

I'm using Media Center version 24.0.75 (64bit) on Windows 7.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Issue with detecting new albums in library.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 10:00:09 am »

It may have to do with your "folder permissions"  There is a bug in my system on Windows 10 where I have to go reset shares on folders at random times after adding or updating..  Maybe the same on your Windows 7 setup.

I'd check the folder/subfolder permissions on your files in windows explorer.

Liquid Snake

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 09:30:11 am »

It may have to do with your "folder permissions"  There is a bug in my system on Windows 10 where I have to go reset shares on folders at random times after adding or updating..  Maybe the same on your Windows 7 setup.

I'd check the folder/subfolder permissions on your files in windows explorer.

How do I check this? Is it about deselecting "read only" on the folder with music? Because if yes then I tried and for some reason, I can't deselect this feature on any folder.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.

Liquid Snake

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 10:41:49 am »

Great tutorial, I've checked this and I have already all permissions as allowed, it turns out, it was my MC settings that was preventing to re-add previously deleted albums from displaying, now I see all albums again, some times I must wait couple minutes to see them but they are there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up