INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with expression for trailer files  (Read 573 times)

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Need help with expression for trailer files
« on: April 06, 2020, 05:56:26 pm »

So, I think the trailer function in Theater View is awesome, but it looks to be unreliable. If I were to somehow download trailer files for the movies in my library and named them like "The Dark Knight Rises (2012)-trailer.mov" wherein the file name matched the movie filename (without the trailer addition), how would I tell Theater View to show this file under the same coverart as the movie file? For example, I'd want to be able to see the file "The Dark Knight Rises (2012).mkv" and "The Dark Knight Rises (2012)-trailer.mov" under the same coverart in Theater View. That way, I could select the trailer file before I select the movie file.

How would I write the category expression so that Theater View would display the trailer as described above?

Thanks for the help!

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Need help with expression for trailer files
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:02:07 pm »

OK, now I've figured out how to import trailers and tag them in the Media Sub Category as Trailer. As long as the file has "trailer" in it, it is marked as a Trailer in media sub cat. with the following expression:
if(regex([Filename],/#trailer#/,0,0),Trailer,Movie)

Now I need a way to display it in Theater View. It's going to have to do something with the "if()" and "Media Sub Category". I want the trailers to appear with the movies, as in a series and still be able to tell the difference between the actual movie file and the trailer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 06:38:47 am »

When MC get information for your movie it also get trailer information

Look at your movie tags … there should be Trailer tag … its usually something like "webmedia://YouTube/-44_igsZtgU"

If this tag is present … the Theatre View there will be option Trailer that plays that

You can replace that tag with path to your local file … its a manual job … and I am not sure what to do if you have multiple trailers for one movie

Its a bit strange that MC allows Trailers to be Sub Media Category. But then does not check if you have that trailer or not.

Hmmm … I might request this from developers.
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 08:58:54 pm »

The OP's real issue was fixed over here tij: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124807.msg864437.html#msg864437

He was running an old version of MC, so the trailer functionality didn't work.

But your idea of supporting local, and multiple, trailers is interesting.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up