INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 Not playing in a Win 10 PC with Media Center 23 - help please  (Read 1830 times)

Trismos

• Recent member

I'm trying to play an MP4 video from my Samsung S9+. It plays fine in Windows Media Player but not Media Center 23.
I'm looking through the different wiki pages and this is all rather confusing as it seems to relate to older versions of MC: Re Direct Show Playback wiki - "IMPORTANT NOTE: MC16 introduced Red October, a simple and reliable way of using DirectShow filters. Select Red October Standard under video options. The following is needed mainly for earlier versions of MC." This is all the way back to 16.
Reading the MP4 and M4A File Support wiki page I get this: "Then you also need to tell MC to use DirectShow (rather than Quicktime) to play these file types back. Simply go to Tools --> Options --> Playback --> DirectShow Playback Settings and check M4A and/or MP4 in the DirectShow Filters list."    Well there is no Playback selection to be made in Options. How can I get my MP4s to play?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MP4 Not playing in a Win 10 PC with Media Center 23 - help please
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 01:23:10 pm »

Please try the latest MC26.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up