INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with playback output settings issue  (Read 364 times)

Jay Fora

• Recent member
need help with playback output settings issue
« on: July 24, 2023, 08:54:39 am »

I have new Edifier S351DB speakers. 2.1 setup. When I set output channels as 2.1 JRiver won't play any tracks. Insists I can only use stereo setting and not 6 channels. Why does JRiver think these speakers have 6 channels?
There are no other speakers connected. Speakers are connected directly to computer with 3.5mm jack.Why will JRiver play only stereo in this case, and not 2.1? Error messages attached -
I clicked on the option shown in attached images for JRiver to alter settings. Tracks play, but that doesn't answer my question.
Tried a couple of other media players to check, but the 2.1 output was automatically detected by them and the bass made good use of. I don't like booming bass, but JRiver is making the bass speaker almost inaudible
Speaker specs are here on Edifier site - https://www.edifier.com/int/global/p/tv-home-threater-systems/s351db

I'd like to check the equalizer settings, but it's been a couple of years since I've used JRiver, and funnily enough I can't seem to find them:-/ Even looked for instructions in the Wiki, but no luck so far. Am using 'platinum' skin
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up