INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can JRiver do this?  (Read 1857 times)

noobie1

can JRiver do this?
« on: January 02, 2020, 02:10:02 pm »

I'm looking to use specific DSP plugins during playback of my music.  I got an old laptop, a USB interface (with digital inputs), and an iPhone 7 attached to a digital transport (transports takes in music signal from iPhone 7 via lightning cable and outputs SPDIF signal).

Is it possible to stream music (Tidal) from iPhone 7 with digital transport to my USB interface via digital input and apply DSP to the streaming music via JRiver?  It'll be in a mobile environment so my laptop will not have internet access.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: can JRiver do this?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:48:47 pm »

I don't think so.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: can JRiver do this?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 04:02:01 pm »

Is it possible to stream music (Tidal) from iPhone 7

If your phone has internet access, which it must have in the above scenario, then just make your phone a Wi-Fi hotspot for the laptop to connect to which will give it internet access, install Tidal on the laptop, and set the default audio device in Windows to the JRiver WDM.

Then play from Tidal to the WDM Driver, do your DSP in MC, and you are done.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up