INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote access for internet radio  (Read 860 times)

Dean Athans

JRemote access for internet radio
« on: April 18, 2020, 11:15:13 am »

Just upgraded my PC music server to Windows10 and MC26, was running Windows7 / MC19.  Everything works as before except access to saved internet radio using JRemote on my iPad.  In MC19 I was able to add internet radio stations to playlists. Not sure if it is possible to make a playlist with internet radio stations on MC26.  MC26 has a list streaming stations and I added a few Somafm stations.  JRemote works playing music from my PC hard drive, but JRemote causes problems with MC26 if I try to play a stream or switch from a streaming URL to music on my hard drive.  Sounds like MC26 is playing 2 streams simultaneously and cause similar display problems.  Any advice / guidance is appreciated, thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote access for internet radio
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 12:29:04 pm »

Saving an Internet station is still the same.

Start it playiing

Right click on it in Playing Now

Save it as a playlist.

Dean Athans

Re: JRemote access for internet radio
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 08:43:46 pm »

Thanks for confirming, I selected the Windows Media stream option and was able to play /save Somafm stations in a playlist, problem solved.  Your quick feedback and expertise is very much appreciated. 

I have another question, when trying a few other internet stations that didn't offer options for streaming they still played through my system, but didn't show up in JRiver as an active stream in Playing Now.  I think they were streaming via Adobe Flash Player vs Window Media.  Is there a trick for these other internet stations?  Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up