INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing trailers before your movie selection?  (Read 532 times)

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
Playing trailers before your movie selection?
« on: April 20, 2020, 04:25:21 pm »

Hi there,
Is there a setting or integration/plugin that JRiver has to play, let's say 3 trailers (randomly selected) from the web when you click to start your movie?

Somewhat like simulating a theater?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing trailers before your movie selection?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:08:32 pm »

Showtime
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124045.0.html

Oh, I see you found that. Carry on.   8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 07:45:49 pm »

Yes, thanks.  Not really what I was looking for I don’t think.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 08:02:09 pm »

I haven't used it but understanding is that it is pretty flexible.

For example, for three random trailers to play, create a Smartlist that randomly selects three trailers, then play that before the main movie. You may have to import the trailer web addresses to make that work, but I'm not sure.

Ask in the main thread. If you describe exactly the sort of thing you want to do, somebody who has used it may be able to advise.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up