INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 not loading cloudplay playists  (Read 870 times)

HtpcUserAri

• Recent member
JRemote2 not loading cloudplay playists
« on: April 23, 2020, 10:53:09 am »

Hello,
First, THANKS for the great work on JRemote2. It has been so nice to be able to stream content from my JRiver install to my phone both while I'm out of the house and just putzing around the house with my headphones on and my phone in my pocket. Really a great addition for JRiver.

I have noticed that the only cloudplay playlists I am able to browse are the ones included in Radio JRiver and the ones I have saved from cloudplay to my local JRiver playlists.
I am not able to browse any of the other cloudplay playlists or my "favorites" from cloudplay.
When I click on "Latest", "Popular", "Favorites", or "All Playlists", I get an error bar at the bottom indicating that they are not able to be loaded. See screenshot below.

Browsing and playing files to JRemote from JRiver otherwise works, as does using JRemote to play files to the JRiver install. I'm running the JRemote 2.1.0 Beta on Android Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I have port 52199 forwarded through my firewall to the machine running JRiver and the media network test indicates it is reachable.

How do I need to configure JRemote2 to allow me to browse the cloudplay playlists?

Thank you again for the great work on this software.
Ari

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote2 not loading cloudplay playists
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:14:49 am »

What is the full version of Media Center on the server you have JRemote2 connecting to?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:27:44 pm »

I do wonder if your CloudPlay login expired or was invalidated, and we don't handle that properly. The odd part is that you are getting this error on this particular page, are you seeing the page trying to load, but then come back to this one?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HtpcUserAri

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:46:02 pm »

What is the full version of Media Center on the server you have JRemote 2 connecting to?
It is currently 26.0.56 (64bit) running on Windows 10 Pro

I do wonder if your CloudPlay login expired or was invalidated, and we don't handle that properly. The odd part is that you are getting this error on this particular page, are you seeing the page trying to load, but then come back to this one?
I am logged into cloudplay on that JRiver install and can listen to it.
I do have JRiver installed on multiple PCs throughout the house (six total) as well as on three total android devices, all using my same cloudplay login if that is related. I can listen to cloudplay on all the PCs.

Related question: are any port(s) other than 52199 required to be forwarded?

BradATIMA

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 01:00:41 pm »

That seems likely. I went to the Media Center that JRemote2 was connected to and logged out of Cloudplay. Then I started getting the same error message in JRemote2.

I had to force JRemote2 to log back in to Cloudplay to get it to work again.

HtpcUserAri

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 02:00:21 pm »

That seems likely. As a test, I went to the Media Center that JRemote2 was connected to and logged out of Cloudplay. Then I started getting the same error message in JRemote2.
I have logged out of cloudplay on the JRiver Media Center that JRemote2 is connected to, then logged back in. Same problem in Jremote2. Then I deleted that server in Jremote2 and re-added it. Same problem in Jremote2.

I had to force JRemote2 to log back in to Cloudplay to get it to work again.
How do I force Jremote2 to log out of and back in to cloudplay?

BradATIMA

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 02:06:59 pm »

How do I force Jremote2 to log out of and back in to cloudplay?

I had to go into the phone's app settings for JRemote2 and clear the app data for JRemote2. Keep in mind, this will wipe out all the saved servers and settings in JRemote2.

HtpcUserAri

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 02:16:17 pm »

OK, clearing the JRemote2 app data and then re-adding that server worked in that it brought back my ability to browse the cloudplay playlists.
Not a big deal, but hopefully that isn't something I need to do serially?
Still, both JRemote2 and Cloudplay are really nice to have! Thanks again for the work you're putting into them.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 04:17:18 pm »

I'll look into fixing that, making JRemote re-authenticate when needed. No worries!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up