INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSIC DROPOUT ISSUES  (Read 1755 times)

music first

• Junior Woodchuck
MUSIC DROPOUT ISSUES
« on: April 24, 2020, 10:38:10 am »

Hello and good day to all.  Hope everyone is safe.  Recently I am experiencing dropouts when I am listening to music using JRiver on my PC to stream to my AVR.  The AVR is connected to an older netgear router. And the PC is connected to the router wireless, as the computer is on the second floor.  Nothing really has changed as far as settings or new devices.  The router is older netgear R6250. Since this whole stay at home thing more devices are connected then ever.  Maybe 10 or 12 devices at one time.  But that shouldn't casue an issue, should it??  I am on older jriver 22.  I can upgrade today to 25 to see if that helps.  Just looking for some help here.  Thank you.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MUSIC DROPOUT ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 10:47:09 am »

What has changed is that there are now people sitting idle all over the world with time to cause mischief on the Internet. Have you kept your Netgear router up to date with security patches? There have been many for that model.

music first

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MUSIC DROPOUT ISSUES
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:54:47 am »

Thank you.  Yes I have.  I went in to my router configuration and made sure I have the latest firmware update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up