INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Save scoll location in Library View  (Read 432 times)

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
Save scoll location in Library View
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:08:42 pm »

Not sure if there is a setting I missed, but I would like to save where I left off in my library view after I shut MC down. It always defaults to the top of the list.

Thanks!

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Save scoll location in Library View
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 07:12:29 pm »

It will remember which view you're looking at, but the selection point in the view always starts at the top.

This is a pretty standard behavior.  If you close Microsoft Word document and re-open it, does it return your insertion point to page 12 of a 60 page document because that's where you last were?

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 12:11:44 am »

It will remember which view you're looking at, but the selection point in the view always starts at the top.

This is a pretty standard behavior.  If you close Microsoft Word document and re-open it, does it return your insertion point to page 12 of a 60 page document because that's where you last were?

I also use Audirvana for Qobuz. If I am looking at artists starting with "S" and I close Audirvana, when opened again I will still be looking at artists starting with "S" and not back to artists starting with "A". I wished MC acted the same way

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 12:45:12 am »

I don't use that software, so I'm not familiar with exactly how it behaves.  In MC the scroll position cannot be saved.

However, you can achieve a similar effect to what you describe, but in the Tree.

Start by modifying your Artists view, and ensure that "Support Tree Browsing" is checked in the Customize View dialog.  (it may be that way already)

Now go to Options->Startup->Startup Interface and set Location to be Last Location.

Now go back to your Artists view.  You can expand it by clicking on the disclosure triangle just to the left of the word Artists.

You'll see your Artists view expand.  Click one of those leafs that represents an artist, something that starts with S.  You'll then see the contents appear on the right.

Close MC.

When you re-open it, you'll be back sitting on that same leaf.  Scrolled to the top of it of course, but on something starting with S.

You could create a view that organizes and groups your artists by the first letter of the name, so you'd see the A's, the B's, and so on.  Go the S leaf in a view like that, and it would be similar to what you're describing.

Try it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up