INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to access shared files elsewhere on my home network or from USB drive  (Read 626 times)

perturbo

All of my music files are stored on a WiFi-connected Windows 10 PC in another room from my audio system. The folders are shared, and I have no trouble accessing them on my AVR, but I'm not sure how to make them accessible to the laptop on which JRiver is installed, and which is connected to my DAC via USB.

Also, if I plug a USB drive into the laptop on which I've installed JRiver, how do I access those files?

Obviously, I'm a new JRiver (trial) user.

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck

Couple of options really.

1. Since you've shared the folders already you can configure JRiver on the laptop to monitor the UNC path of the shared music folder (or use a mapped drive if you prefer).

2. Install JRiver on the PC, import your locally held music to the library. You can then use JRiver on the laptop to connect to this library. This would be my preferred method.

perturbo

Thanks, and I have some more questions: How do I "configure JRiver on the laptop to monitor the UNC path of the shared music folder"?

Also, does importing into a JRiver music library mean that there is a second copy made of all my music files?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

MC doesn't copy files unless you tell it to.  Not part of Import.

Just set up Auto Import and browse to the folder you want to watch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up