INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Responsiveness issues with MC 26 under Linux Mint 19  (Read 707 times)

afora

• Recent member

Hi guys, thank you for the great application - have been the loyal customer for almost 2 decades now.

I recently migrated to Linux and was thrilled to find out that I can run MC under it. I installed it and used it for a few weeks now (on two different machines). However, there's a very serous problem with responsiveness I do not have with any other application on my systems. Basically once MC started everything is just lagged by a couple of seconds. Very often clicks are not registered, so most of the time I have to click Play more than once for the song to start playing. Equally any menu navigation or even MC window dragging on the desktop results in delays of several seconds. I could not (sadly) attach a screencast video where you can see the lag with moving the window, and it takes me double clicks to execute every single command, and three clicks to stop the track from playing.

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this? It would be really a shame to move to another application, as MC has been great on Windows.

Many thanks!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Responsiveness issues with MC 26 under Linux Mint 19
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:37:15 pm »

Hi guys, thank you for the great application - have been the loyal customer for almost 2 decades now.

I recently migrated to Linux and was thrilled to find out that I can run MC under it. I installed it and used it for a few weeks now (on two different machines). However, there's a very serous problem with responsiveness I do not have with any other application on my systems. Basically once MC started everything is just lagged by a couple of seconds. Very often clicks are not registered, so most of the time I have to click Play more than once for the song to start playing. Equally any menu navigation or even MC window dragging on the desktop results in delays of several seconds. I could not (sadly) attach a screencast video where you can see the lag with moving the window, and it takes me double clicks to execute every single command, and three clicks to stop the track from playing.

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this? It would be really a shame to move to another application, as MC has been great on Windows.

Many thanks!
Make sure that your machine is NOT using the nouveau X server, its lack of full implementation causes serious issues for MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up