INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with 2 way stereo setup  (Read 1704 times)

lastofus

Help with 2 way stereo setup
« on: May 06, 2020, 03:47:19 pm »

Hello all !

I need some advice regarding 2 way stereo open-baffle configuration . I have one 8 inch wide-range and 2 x 15 inch per side . The wide-range is driven by a AB class amplifier with no volume control and the woofers by a class D amplifier also without volume knob . I have a DAC with 2 RCA inputs and control volume , the signal is send by 2 Y cables to the amplifiers . The PC is the source .

The wide range sounds good as always , i have it for quite some time an d i have listening only this driver , sounds great . The woofers are the problem , i have a very bad , weak and muffled sound . The class D amplifier is set to LF and Stereo . Even at max volume ( almost clipping ) the sound is weak and muffled . Any thoughts ? Is some software tricks ?

I have NO experience with this kind of software so bear with me .

Thanks

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with 2 way stereo setup
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:08:00 pm »

You give no info on whether the system has recently changed or if the woofers are a new addition, or on any actual testing you have done.  So there's little that can be definitively said.

You first need to ascertain if this is a hardware or software problem.  I suggest hooking something that works to the analog outputs of your DAC, so see if the low frequencies are actually present at the proper levels.  You could use a working stereo system, or a recording device, or an audio analyzer among other options.

If the low frequencies are present at the proper levels then the problem has nothing to do with software and lies in your amp and driver stage.

lastofus

Re: Help with 2 way stereo setup
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 06:53:50 am »

All woofers ( tested one by one ) are working fain . Once wired together the sound goes south . Also the FR are working perfectly . For sure it is software . Maybe the volume must be leveled ? And XO set ? How i do that ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up