INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jremote not autoconnecting on launch to server after last app update  (Read 910 times)

jgreen8240

• Recent member

Folks - tried things like reinstalling app, deleted server and adding server back. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Richee

• World Citizen

Folks - tried things like reinstalling app, deleted server and adding server back. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
I have same problem. Autoconnect was working with JRemote 3.31 but had another problem
not being able to switch autoconnect on and Transcode off. I am on ios 13.4.1. When I first installed
JRemote 3.32 I had the same problem. When I reinstalled JRemote 3.32 I couldn't change any switches from their default settings and autoconnect didn't work at all even though the default setting
was on after install. I did notice when I first added server to either version 3.31 or 3.32 JRemote would get pushed to the iPhone switcher instead of immediately opening. I believe I was on the
previous version of ios when I first having problems with JRemote 3.31.
I posted about the problem but Bob decided problem was ios. I was able to get other settings
like dark mode to work by opening JRemote settings before I opened the server but the auto connect still doesn't function. If you are on an iPhone what version of ios?
Oddly enough I have an old iPad 2 ios 9.3 and everything works with JRemote 3.32. 

jgreen8240

• Recent member

I have same problem. Autoconnect was working with JRemote 3.31 but had another problem
not being able to switch autoconnect on and Transcode off. I am on ios 13.4.1. When I first installed
JRemote 3.32 I had the same problem. When I reinstalled JRemote 3.32 I couldn't change any switches from their default settings and autoconnect didn't work at all even though the default setting
was on after install. I did notice when I first added server to either version 3.31 or 3.32 JRemote would get pushed to the iPhone switcher instead of immediately opening. I believe I was on the
previous version of ios when I first having problems with JRemote 3.31.
I posted about the problem but Bob decided problem was ios. I was able to get other settings
like dark mode to work by opening JRemote settings before I opened the server but the auto connect still doesn't function. If you are on an iPhone what version of ios?
Oddly enough I have an old iPad 2 ios 9.3 and everything works with JRemote 3.32.
Thanks for your input.

I am now running 3.32 JRemote with ios 13.4.1 (just updated so had 13.3.1 until this AM) on my iphone - Problem with autoconnect was same on both ios versions. Have a mini ipad with 3.32 jremote and ios 13.3.1 and autoconect works without issue. Iphone issue???

Richee

• World Citizen

Thanks for your input.

I am now running 3.32 JRemote with ios 13.4.1 (just updated so had 13.3.1 until this AM) on my iphone - Problem with autoconnect was same on both ios versions. Have a mini ipad with 3.32 jremote and ios 13.3.1 and autoconect works without issue. Iphone issue???
Unfortunately I can't remember at what point it was workingon my iPhone 7. I believe 3.30 was working but don't remember what ios version I had on the phone. Is the ios version on your mini the same as your phone?
I did remember the behavior when installing and adding server for JRemote 3.31 and 3.32 was different. The way an install worked for 3.30 was at the point I added the server JRemote opened.
With the last 2 version JRemote was opened to the switcher. I had to double click home button and select JRemote, then it opened to the page where you had to select the server. I did do a restore iPhone from backup but it didn't help. Well, just glad I can still use JRemote. Does concern me that
getting a new iPhone will also have problems.

roosmits

• Recent member

I noticed the same.
JRemote on my iPad pro 11 isn't remembering the color theme (light/dark) nor does it want to automatically reconnect to my JRiver server (NUC10 i5 Ubuntu 20.04).

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: jremote not autoconnecting on launch to server after last app update
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 10:36:37 am »

This will be fixed in the next update (3.33) which is in beta now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up