INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control JRiver MC on Android  (Read 2269 times)

pp78

• Recent member
Remote Control JRiver MC on Android
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:52:07 am »

Hi everybody,

i'd like to share with you a piece of software that l've been developing for a while.

This is an android widget which remote controls JRiver Media Center. Basically, it displays the metadata (coverart, album, artist, film synopsis, etc.) of the playing Media. I know there are many existing "widgets" on the app store but this one is closely integrated with JRiver MC.

I developed this widget because i wanted to hide the complexity of my installation to my family when my wife/son/daughter wanted to watch a film or listen to music. It is very easy to use and beautiful to look at.

In Movie mode, you can browse the MC Library directly on your TV and play/pause any selected media.

In Music mode, you have to install a player on your phone/tablet (i use bubbleupnp to stream tidal music on JRiver but the widget cooperates with different players).

In both cases, you can remotely power on/off JRiver MC, control volume level and a few other options (audio tracks, subtitles, audio sync and madVR OSD).

One last "pretty cool" thing i love : the widget can be installed on an alternate display (another tablet for example) to show "fanarts" of the playing media. By default, the coverart from JRiver MC is displayed but you can configure the widget to fetch fanarts from the fanart.tv website. When no media is playing, it displays a clock and the weather :-).

So, take a look here on the google play store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pp78.remotecommand and have fun !

Regards

jjazdk

• World Citizen
Re: Remote Control JRiver MC on Android
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 06:09:27 am »

This looks awesome. I can't wait to try it on my new tablet, and wish I had found it 3 years ago :-)
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)

jjazdk

• World Citizen
Re: Remote Control JRiver MC on Android
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 09:39:29 am »

This does not work for any of my current devices, unfortunately.
Could you please update the app, so it works on current devices?

Compatibility for your active devices *
Lenovo TB370FU
Does not work on your device

OnePlus LE2123
Does not work on your device

ONEPLUS A5000
Version
Compatibility
Works on your device
Download Size 5 MB
Requires Android 4.3 and up
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up