INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T Closed Captions Appearing A Word at a time  (Read 1222 times)

kbfcub

• Recent member
DVB-T Closed Captions Appearing A Word at a time
« on: June 01, 2020, 06:02:33 pm »

I've recently moved over from Mediaportal to JRiver due to the quality of playback on movies, but I'm having a little issue with watching live TV with Closed Captions.

The captions will display a word at a time and clear the previous word when the new one arrives, but when I watch the same program on my Panasonic TV via DVB-T tuner each new word will appear but will remain on screen until both lines of text are complete and then clear ready for the next set of captions.

I have been able to record a TS file and it plays back the captions all ok, just on live TV.

I did try to record it in JTV format but couldn't figure out how to play it back outside of JRiver.

If it helps I am using a HDHomeRun Quatro Tuner.

I've attached a copy of the Filter Graph Info (TV graph) in case that helps.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: DVB-T Closed Captions Appearing A Word at a time
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 08:27:19 pm »

Your graph info indicates that you were playing live TV in non-time-shifting mode.  Did you try time-shifting?  Would the result be different?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kbfcub

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 02:22:32 pm »

Apologies for the delay.

Attached is the graph info where JRiver is now Time shifting.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:11:51 pm »

Your graph info file still is just for non-time-shifting.  With time-shifting on, the graph info file should look like the following (two graphs are involved, ."Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting writer graph)" and "Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting player graph)").

Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting writer graph):

Filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
        CLSID: {C666E115-BB62-4027-A113-82D643FE2D99}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\mpeg2data.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin '002' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'JRiver Time-Shifting Writer Filter'
        CLSID: {CBE332C2-ED6F-482D-8497-AB51CA0419B7}
        Host: c:\program files\j river\media center 26\tv\mjtsfilewriter.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin '004' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin '003' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Input Pin 'Input'

Filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
        CLSID: {FC772AB0-0C7F-11D3-8FF2-00A0C9224CF4}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\psisrndr.ax
        Input Pin 'IB Input'
            Connected to pin '001' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_ATSC_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin 'OOB Input'
        Output Pin 'iTV Out'
        Output Pin 'SBE OUT'

Filter 'PSI Parser'
        CLSID: {40EB2203-4AD5-4DF3-B527-775D237CBF80}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'PSI' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'JRiver Transport Stream Writer'
        CLSID: {32147D78-FAF1-4394-A32C-B9BE9004B229}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output1' of filter 'Infinite Tee'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        CLSID: {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG-2 Stream'
            Connected to pin 'Output2' of filter 'Infinite Tee'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE
        Output Pin '001'
            Connected to pin 'IB Input' of filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_ATSC_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '002'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '003'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Time-Shifting Writer Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin '004'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Time-Shifting Writer Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'PSI'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'PSI Parser'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'Infinite Tee'
        CLSID: {F8388A40-D5BB-11D0-BE5A-0080C706568E}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\qcap.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output1' of filter 'Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1055D29F-0 7B63FBE76E961EDC'
        Output Pin 'Output1'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Transport Stream Writer'
        Output Pin 'Output2'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG-2 Stream' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        Output Pin 'Output3'

Filter 'Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1055D29F-0 7B63FBE76E961EDC'
        CLSID: {335188BB-12AC-4C5B-B1BC-3EEF83FB01A3}
        Host: c:\program files\silicondust\hdhomerun\hdhomerun_bda_x64.ax
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Antenna Out' of filter 'Network Provider'
            Major type TIME_FORMAT_NONE  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE
        Output Pin 'Output1'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Infinite Tee'
            Major type TIME_FORMAT_NONE  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'Network Provider'
        CLSID: {B2F3A67C-29DA-4C78-8831-091ED509A475}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\msnp.ax
        Output Pin 'Antenna Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter 'Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1055D29F-0 7B63FBE76E961EDC'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting player graph):

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
        CLSID: {F74E834C-9C98-43ED-89B1-19A9DF82E774}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
        Input Pin 'CC In'
            Connected to pin '~CC Output' of filter 'LAV Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DTVCCData  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {40FEFD7F-85DD-4335-A804-8A33B0BF7B81}, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Users\Shuomin Zhu\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\lav64\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'LAV Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
        Host: C:\Users\Shuomin Zhu\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\lav64\LAVVideo.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~CC Output'
            Connected to pin 'CC In' of filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DTVCCData  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {40FEFD7F-85DD-4335-A804-8A33B0BF7B81}, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Output' of filter 'JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output' of filter 'JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Video Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter'
        CLSID: {8303B00A-D9E3-4BD7-A79A-AD7077F54123}
        Host: c:\program files\j river\media center 26\tv\mjtsfilereader.ax
        Output Pin 'Audio Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Video Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'

You do not need to send me another graph info file.  What I meant to say in my last post was that you should try playing in time-shifting and see if the situation gets better.  To turn on time-shifting, there are two ways:

• Start viewing a TV channel live.  Then right-click in the video screen and choose TV Options > Start time-shifting.  Or
  • Without starting to play, click "TV Options", or Tools > Options > Television, and scroll down to Time-shifting section, and click "Start digital devices (including CableCARD devices) in time-shifting mode:", choose Yes.  This way each time you start viewing, it will be in time-shifting mode

Let me know how it goes.  Later on I may ask you to provide log files.  Click this link to read the wiki article on logging.

kbfcub

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 04:28:29 pm »

I followed the instructions about enabling the time-shifting, which I did and sadly it didn't make any difference.
I've tried to upload a clip on here to help demonstrate the issue but it failed to upload, so I've put it on YouTube https://youtu.be/g8iKatsj_A4

If you need me to send you some log files to help diagnose the issue, let me know.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 01:44:30 pm »

Yes, please send logs.  With Logging turned on, run a TV channel in time-shifting mode, with subtitles on.  Then collect the logs.  email to me, yaobing at jriver dot com

kbfcub

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 04:34:37 pm »

#just wondering if you've had a chance to look at the logs I sent on the 14th June?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 07:50:02 pm »

Sorry, I have not yet.

I found the log file.  I will read it tomorrow morning.  It's good that you asked.  For some reason I accidentally deleted the email.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 02:01:54 pm »

Please install the latest MC build, MC26.0.94, and then download these files and unzip, and copy JRTelevision.dll into the MC installation folder (64 bit), and copy MJTSFileReader.ax into the "TV" subfolder.

Let me know whether there is any improvement.

kbfcub

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 07:01:20 am »

Thank you for those files, I have put them in the folders you've suggested and restarted the computer before watching live TV, which I'm sorry to say  hasn't resolved the Close Captions issue.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 08:31:53 am »

Please try this again.  This time there is only one file to update: JRTelevision.dll.  Copy it into the MC installation folder.

kbfcub

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 09:51:15 am »

I've put the new file in as suggested and while it has helped with the Closed Captions completing over 2 lines before being replaced with new ones.

Here is a video of live TV (unscripted speech) https://youtu.be/6rjVNo2pkwI as you can see still has an issue.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 08:05:19 am »

Thanks for the feed back.

I think I understand the issue, but I don't yet have a solution right now.

Could you make a couple of recordings on a channel you are seeing the issue?  One recording should be in TS format, the other in JTV format.  Record them in MC for 30 seconds on a program you know closed captioning exists.  Please share the files with me using a file server.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up