INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cinemascope screen handling  (Read 1575 times)

AndreNewman

• Recent member
Cinemascope screen handling
« on: June 03, 2020, 03:29:56 am »

Hi, I'm new to JRiver and in the last week of a demo licence.

Video quality with MadVR and Red October HQ is very good and a lot less hassle than Kodi DSPlayer however I'm not really able to get JRiver to behave usefully on a cinemascope screen.

I found a bunch of threads about this, all many years old, none really fix the issues for me. I have a JVC X7000 projector and use lens memories for 16:9 2:1 and 2.40:1 movies on a 2.35:1 fixed screen.
I'm not wanting to create custom resolutions as Hilton suggests here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,101350.0.html
That doesn't work well with using lens memories.

This solution by Mojave in topic should be good but doesn't work for me:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99976.msg700632#msg700632
I have a similar setup working in Kodi DSPlayer but not in MC 26, I suspect differences in the LAV filters (copyback for black bar detection) but that doesn't seem to be a controllable thing in MC26.

There's also a "touch window from inside" against "touch window from outside" issue that prevents the MadVR masking working correctly and appears to be player specific, I never got this to work in Kodi DSPlayer either only in MPC-BE but that had huge usability issues for me.

All I'm really looking for is a way to move the navigation bar up so it's visible after the video is masked to 2.40:1, don't mind if it's moved to edge of active video or just permanently moved up in all aspect ratios.

Same situation with subtitles, bottom of active video would be nice but I could cope with a permanent shift if that's all that can be done.

I also have some issues to work through with Theatre view but for now the navigation and subtitles make MC a non purchase, how do others handle this situation?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cinemascope screen handling
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 09:43:00 am »

I also have some issues to work through with Theatre view but for now the navigation and subtitles make MC a non purchase, how do others handle this situation?
using the "automatically detect black bars" + "move subtitles into the active video area" in madvr

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 09:55:27 am »

You can use custom options rather than ROHQ to manually select LAV Video Decoder and configure it to use copy-back if it is not, so that madVR's black bar detection can work.

AndreNewman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 02:06:38 pm »

Ok, thanks, I'll dig in to the custom options.

Andre

AndreNewman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 10:53:47 am »

Well that was a lot less hassle than the equivalent in Kodi DSPlayer.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up