INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can BDMV (BluRay transcoded files) be played...  (Read 1153 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Can BDMV (BluRay transcoded files) be played...
« on: June 07, 2020, 10:29:20 am »

over an ethernet network?

I don't have any problem with other file types on my network, but bdmv files won't play and I get a message stating so.  I have no problem playing them on the server, just the client.

If they can, what's the secret sauce?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Can BDMV (BluRay transcoded files) be played...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 06:12:20 pm »

You see the message below, correct?

I believe that the secret source is to map a drive on the MC Client that matches the drive name on the MC Server, and then turn on "Options > Media Network > Client Options (when connected to a library server) > Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found".

So if your movie file is: F:\Movies\The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)\BDMV\index.bluray;1

Map drive F: on you MC Client to point to a share you have set up on the MC Server PC to drive F: there.

Or use UNC paths for all files.

Jmone uses this method and has documented this solution on the forum several times, I believe. It's probably in the Wiki somewhere. Example 3, here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Home_Networking_Examples

I still haven't gotten around to implementing it myself, because I don't really need to.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Can BDMV (BluRay transcoded files) be played...
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 08:50:40 pm »

Thanks Roderick. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up