INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android Drives & Devices : Capacity detection Error  (Read 833 times)

Talisker69

• Recent member
Android Drives & Devices : Capacity detection Error
« on: June 08, 2020, 02:47:24 pm »

Hi Folks,
I can't transfer my music on my Android Smartphone.
I add a new device manually by chosing the following path :
/run/user/1000/gvfs/mtp:host=%5Busb%3A001,009%5D/Carte%C2%A0SD%20Samsung/Sounds
I also set a conversion rule to MP3 at 320K for this device.
Every things working well at this stage. I'm able to browse and play music from the device.
But when I select an audio album from the library and select "Send To" my device and then clic "Tranfer" I've got an error message "Over Capacity" .... "Would you like files...automatic  removed" Yes or No.
But there is space on my SD Card, I'm able to copy the album directly to the SD Card with the OS windows manager.
I use the last version of MediaCenter on a linux Mint box (19.2).
Thanks in advance for your help

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Android Drives & Devices : Capacity detection Error
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 03:52:26 pm »

Hit Yes to remove the files and let the sync continue. When it is finished you will be able to run the sync again and the remaining files should be able to sync without the error popping up.

Talisker69

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 01:10:20 am »

Thanks Bryan for your answer but it' still not working. After hit Yes and re launch the sync I still have the Over Capacity message and all the files stay "in queue" status.

Talisker69

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 07:00:21 am »

Ok, I keep testing.
I add a simple USB stick (the one i'm using in my car). Everythink is ok, I can sync or transfer my music and convert it to MP3 (whit LAME) automatically.
I connect a new phone (Samsung A40 this time) with Android 10. I select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) on USB settings. I add the phone as a Handheld devices in MediaCenter. This time like the USB stick the Capacity and the free space is well detected. But when I try to transfer an album there is an error on each track and nothing is transfered.
I think there is something wrong with MTP and MediaCenter or with Linux ?
Is there someone with some good experiences by synchronize Android mobile phone with MediaCenter ?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 04:04:55 pm »

Ok, I keep testing.
I add a simple USB stick (the one i'm using in my car). Everythink is ok, I can sync or transfer my music and convert it to MP3 (whit LAME) automatically.
I connect a new phone (Samsung A40 this time) with Android 10. I select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) on USB settings. I add the phone as a Handheld devices in MediaCenter. This time like the USB stick the Capacity and the free space is well detected. But when I try to transfer an album there is an error on each track and nothing is transfered.
I think there is something wrong with MTP and MediaCenter or with Linux ?
Is there someone with some good experiences by synchronize Android mobile phone with MediaCenter ?
MC on linux doesn't support MTP.
Your media needs to be mounted as a disk (mass storage device).
Pages: [1]   Go Up