INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidecars and Plex (How to transfer sidecars to embedded tags for videos)  (Read 334 times)

Sangie

• Recent member

I want to move all the tags from sidecars to internal tags as all the files are on my NAS but it's also used by Plex, which reads embedded tags. I found the culprit of having sidecars enabled by default for video files and I disabled that so now it only tags files that don't support embedded tags.

So now that I made that change, how do I update the files from the sidecars and then can I delete the sidecars? I tried update tags from library hoping that would do it but I'm not sure. I don't want to go deleting sidecars willy nilly.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I tried update tags from library hoping that would do it but I'm not sure.

That should do it, if the video file formats support internal tags, and if MC is set to write tags (internal fields) to files, and if JRiver has implemented writing tags to those video file formats.

Just do some checks on each file format to make sure the tags are in the files before deleting any Sidecars. You will need to use an external program to check the tags have been written, and it would seem obvious to use PLEX to do that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up