INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Core Commands - Duplicated configuration possible?  (Read 982 times)

SummerOf69

• Recent member
MC Core Commands - Duplicated configuration possible?
« on: June 23, 2020, 10:26:56 am »

Hello,

the functions for the keyboard arrow-keys are stored in C:\*\Default Resources\Resources.xml:

28002   (MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_UP)
28003   (MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_DOWN)
28004   (MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_LEFT)
28005   (MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_RIGHT)

Code: [Select]
    <Entry Key="Up" Command="28002" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Down" Command="28003" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Left" Command="28004" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Right" Command="28005" TranslateFlags="32" />

Is it possible, to use the same functions (e.g. 28002 for command "Up") simultaneously on a defferent set of keys?

I tried it by inserting the following lines, but it didnīt show any effect.
My goal is to navigate through theatre mode with an additional set of keys, which are not used for common inputs:

<Entry Key="Alt;i" Command="28002" />
<Entry Key="Alt;j" Command="28003" />
<Entry Key="Alt;k" Command="28004" />
<Entry Key="Alt;l" Command="28005" />

Are dupicated configurations possible in MC?

Kind regards from Germany,
Sebastian

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC Core Commands - Duplicated configuration possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 04:00:20 am »

The default file includes several duplicates, so I assume that's not an issue.
Try entering letters in uppercase as that seems to be the norm in that file: "Alt;J". Also try with the TranslateFlags="32" option, but I don't know if that's required.

SummerOf69

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 06:41:05 am »

Entering the letters in Uppercase didnīt show any influence on navigation, neather did the extension TranslateFlags="32 (I think this parameter just limits the definiton on the playback engine.

Is it possible that theatre mode is not affected by modifications on the Resources.xml file?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 06:55:18 am »

I just added this and it worked for the "Play" command:
<Entry Key="Alt;P" Command="10001" />

Note that Alt-I seems to be already defined in the file.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 07:00:34 am »

One detail - if you're running as a Media Server, when you close MC the process doesn't actually exit, so it won't reload the XML file when you start it again. You need to make sure the process exits, either by killing it in Task Manager or by right-clicking the tray icon (Media Server) and select "close Media Server".

SummerOf69

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 04:11:51 pm »

Hello,
I am sorry for answering late.

The line:
<Entry Key="Alt;P" Command="10001" />for "play" works fine in theatre mode, but

<Entry Key="Alt;P" Command="28002" />for "28002" (Arrow Up) doesnīt show any effect in navigating in theatre mode.

Can someone confirm this doesnīt work?
Maybe navigation is not meant to be modified in theatre mode?

Sebastian

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 07:45:04 pm »

Is it possible, to use the same functions (e.g. 28002 for command "Up") simultaneously on a defferent set of keys?

Yes.

The point you seemed to have missed is in the name of the function you are trying to call.

28002   (MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_UP)

That function only works when the Playback Engine is running, and you are displaying the media you are playing. Which means that it will bring up the OSD menu items and scroll through them. The command isn't a replacement for the Up, Down, Left and Right keys generally. It does not allow you to navigate the Theatre View menu, for example.

I inserted two of your commands as below, with the TranslateFlags="32" parameter to restrict them to the Playback Engine. All of these Hot Keys worked fine, when playing a video.

<Entry Key="Alt;I" Command="28002" TranslateFlags="32" />
   <Entry Key="Alt;J" Command="28003" TranslateFlags="32" />

I then removed the TranslateFlags="32" parameter and they all still worked fine, but still restricted to the Playback engine.

<Entry Key="Alt;I" Command="28002" />
   <Entry Key="Alt;J" Command="28003" />

I even added one of them as a Global Key, and it still worked fine, but only in the Playback Engine.

What are you really trying to do, and why?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

SummerOf69

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 02:53:27 am »

Hello RoderickGI,

thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

With "playback engine" you have a good point that it wonīt work during navigation.
There is no global command for the arrow-keys, is there?

Its fine for me, I was just wandering if I could make things easier using these commands.

The background is, I wanted to use my 'television remote' to control MC, by binding the TV-remote buttons on keybord-combinations.
I donīt want to use the original 'arrow keys' and 'enter' to avoid controlling the computer while using the television remote for actual TV.

Thank you very much.

Sebastian

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 02:46:58 pm »

There is no global command for the arrow-keys, is there?

I don't think so. Not in the Wiki. The Up, Down, Left, Right, and Enter/OK navigation commands are fundamental to MC operation, and I suspect hardcoded into MC everywhere.

The background is, I wanted to use my 'television remote' to control MC, by binding the TV-remote buttons on keybord-combinations.

Ah. Have you looked at using a universal remote to control all your components, TV, MC PC, AVR, etc.? I use a Harmony remote and find I rarely need to use my TV or any other remote. Only for obscure functions on those components.

A harmony is far simpler than trying to map all MC commands to Keyboard shortcuts, then set them up on a normal remote. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Anyway, happy to help you Sebastian.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

SummerOf69

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 02:39:22 am »

Hello,

using a harmony remote would definitively be a good solution, thank you for the hint!

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Pages: [1]   Go Up