INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to search in all the library  (Read 435 times)

John357

• Recent member
How to search in all the library
« on: June 24, 2020, 01:41:52 am »

Hi,
How to search for something in all the library and playlists ?
Before, by selecting "Audio" in the left panel, the search was made in all the database, now we can't select "Audio" anymore in this panel and the search is done in the element beside or by selecting element by element . Thanks for your help !

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to search in all the library
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 02:19:48 am »

John - If you look in the MC provided Smartlists there is one called "All Files (empty search)" which will allow you to search the whole database.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

John357

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 05:52:32 am »

John - If you look in the MC provided Smartlists there is one called "All Files (empty search)" which will allow you to search the whole database.

Thank you ! Not very practical because we have to go to smart lists, then the right one... But it works fine !!!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 06:07:30 am »

G'Day John.

I read the French version of your question and understand what you are looking for. I don't know why it changed, but you can easily change it back to the way you had it before.

Just right-click on the "Audio" group heading in the left Navigation Bar and select "Customise View". Then in the dialogue that opens scroll down to the "Tree" section and check the box labelled "Allow tree selection". See attached image. Click OK, and then click the "Overwrite (not recommended)" button.

You should now be able to click on the "Audio" group heading again and search all Audio files.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

John357

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 06:20:18 am »

G'Day John.

I read the French version of your question and understand what you are looking for. I don't know why it changed, but you can easily change it back to the way you had it before.

Just right-click on the "Audio" group heading in the left Navigation Bar and select "Customise View". Then in the dialogue that opens scroll down to the "Tree" section and check the box labelled "Allow tree selection". See attached image. Click OK, and then click the "Overwrite (not recommended)" button.

You should now be able to click on the "Audio" group heading again and search all Audio files.

Just great ! Thank you so much, that's what i was looking for ! I can search as before, more practical than the Smart list with all files !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up