INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keyboard shortcut to hide file view  (Read 2828 times)

squeedle

• World Citizen
keyboard shortcut to hide file view
« on: June 30, 2020, 06:09:20 pm »

When I'm browsing my library, let's say browsing albums, I know I can double click an album or select it and hit enter, and it opens the file list which shows all the tracks in that album. To close the file list, I can double click the album or select it and hit enter again. But is there any keyboard shortcut to hide the file list if the focus is in the file list? For example if a track is selected?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: keyboard shortcut to hide file view
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 09:09:12 pm »

I can't find any MC Core Command that would do this, so you can't create a Keyboard Shortcut (Hot Key) to do it in MC.

However, Shift+Tab then Enter does what you want. You could set up a Windows Keyboard Shortcut to do that if you really needed to, but that may take just as many key presses to launch.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:19:39 pm »

So definitely no keyboard shortcut that can emulate the "close" link?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 11:12:58 pm »

As I said, nothing I can find.

But that isn't definite, because I'm not a developer and don't have access to the code. I thought it would be highly unlikely, but took a look anyway and couldn't find anything.

Is the Shift+Tab then Enter not good enough? It isn't much different to a key combination of Ctrl+Alt+H or similar, which could be an alternative in Windows. If not, the fix is outside MC, I believe.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 11:51:49 pm »

Thanks for confirming, I just wanted to be sure I was being clear in my request. I appreciate your response. I think I'll continue to use the touchpad/mouse to do this task.
Pages: [1]   Go Up