INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi issues - SD card corrupted  (Read 1114 times)

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
IdPi issues - SD card corrupted
« on: July 03, 2020, 05:14:50 pm »

I just bought a new Raspberry PI 4.  I bought one without a boot SD card because I was planning all along on dedicating it to J River.  So I bought the IdPi card and things didn't go well.  Btw, I have a working Pi 3+ with JRiver, so it's not my first rodeo. Perhaps foolishly in retrospect, I did not first look at the IdPi card to see if it was good on another machine.  I guess I just figured everything would work and I probably should have verified the Pi 4 hardware was good as well, but I didn't have a boot card, so didn't do that either. So I tried it for the first time with the IdPi card in it and no screen came up. Nada! So I double-checked everything, all seemed good. But I did notice the card was very, very hot. I did verify the card was inserted correctly and as you know, it only fits one way and indeed was correct.

I then moved the IdPi to a different receiver/display and had to shut the Pi off by the power switch since I had no screen or keyboard/mouse. I got the same result on the other receiver/display. No screen at all. On both systems, I tried both hdmi ports and tried different cables.

I then popped the card out and took a look at it on my computer and it seemed corrupted and I checked on a few different computers. It seems the card is fried.

To further troubleshoot the problem, I bought a Pi boot card. I expected that maybe this Pi was defectective.  But that was not the case.  It booted up fine and I was able to install the OS with no glitches.  It appears the Pi is fine and worked on both on both systems I tested previously.

The other curious thing is that this card does not run hot at all.

So I don't know what the issue was originally. I know the card was seated correctly, but makes me think something was wrong and possibly shorted out.  I don't know. But I have a problem and that is a fried IdPi card.

Can you help?

Thanks, Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IdPi issues - SD card corrupted
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 05:31:29 pm »

We'll send another card.  Sorry for the problem.   It does run on the Pi4.

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: IdPi issues - SD card corrupted
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 12:13:32 pm »

Thanks, Jim.  Appreciate it.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up