INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play ISO's  (Read 1557 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen
Play ISO's
« on: July 10, 2020, 05:28:40 pm »

I'm trying to work out how to play ISO DVD file in Ubuntu.

I've opened the ISO with disk mounter, and I can't seem to play it in MC (I can easily do this in Windows).
Dragging stuff onto the playbar does not work.
MC has nothing listed under Drives and Devices either.

Thx.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Play ISO's
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 06:10:43 pm »

I'm trying to work out how to play ISO DVD file in Ubuntu.

I've opened the ISO with disk mounter, and I can't seem to play it in MC (I can easily do this in Windows).
Dragging stuff onto the playbar does not work.
MC has nothing listed under Drives and Devices either.

Thx.

I would recommend you to use makemkv on it. Although, I do rip my movies on a Windows machine as far as I know there is a Linux version of it. Im pretty sure I installed it once and I remember the setup was a bit wanky but did work. If you need to reduce its size later, handbrake is a good way to do that. But since you said DVD itīs size should be pretty manageable by todays standards in itīs full size too.

MakeMKV is on the snap store for Ubuntu (http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2019/09/install-makemkv-snap-ubuntu-18-04-19-04/). Thatīs an easy way to install it. Back when I tried it I remember I did have to basically compile the thing. Might have been just the fact that I use Fedora, witch is not always the most user friendly distro out there when it comes to installing random software that normal people use.

As far as I know the CD/DVD capabilities either donīt work at all in the Linux version of MC, or are incomplete (I do not use them). But imo just having the files in your library (provided you have the space for them) is better. You donīt need the DVD ever again, then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up