INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting MC to play nice with older Intel HD Graphics 530  (Read 1503 times)

bderek

• Recent member
  • -
Getting MC to play nice with older Intel HD Graphics 530
« on: July 13, 2020, 04:27:33 pm »

I installed Mediacenter (v26.0.73) on a machine with an early skylake Intel cpu - i7-6700K.  Around that time and earlier cpus the graphics engine was Intel HD Graphics 530.  Later generation cpus and even some later skylake cpus, the graphics engine was Iris Pro.

For my cpu using HD 530, everytime I played a video file MC would crash, it would stop playing and shutdown. I tried multiple video files and all had the same result.  Looking at some journal files, at the time of mediacenter shutting down I could see seg fault errors in iris_dri.so and at other times a segment fault in libin_MP4.so.

Fortunately, I found a fix and all video files are playing well now.  The fix to was to add this line:
export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965
to the last line in file  .profile     That file is located in directory home/yourname/   It is just a plain text file.
Reboot and video was all fixed. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting MC to play nice with older Intel HD Graphics 530
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 05:25:46 pm »

We've basically re-designed the entire video playback in the latest versions of MC26, I would recommend to update to 26.0.94 from the "latest" repository and give that a try!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up