INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics Search doesn`t work anymore  (Read 1679 times)

rakon

• Recent member
Lyrics Search doesn`t work anymore
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:18:23 am »

since a couple of days Lyrics search don't work anymore

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lyrics Search doesn`t work anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 09:04:11 am »

since a couple of days Lyrics search don't work anymore

It's working OK for me - If you are using a version earlier than MC26.0.87 you may need to update your copy of MC. MC 26.0.87 introduced replacing angled quote marks in song names with standard (upright) quote marks to help ensure more Lyrics Lookup Matches.

doesn`t (from the thread subject line) will never match with "doesn't" (the way it would appear on most metadata sites) in an internet search.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

rakon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 02:37:55 pm »

i use newest Version MC26.0.98 64bit  Example AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill - klick on search lyrics...... and NOTHING HAPPENS!

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 02:56:31 pm »

I've been experiencing similar issues. As far as I can tell, JRiver is attempting to get lyrics from AZLyrics.com. This site appears to have a limit on how many lookups can be performed in a given timeframe. If, for example I select an album's worth of songs and select Lookup Lyrics, after 10 or so tracks it fails to download the remainder. If I then visit AZLyrics.com in a web browser I receive a message telling me that I need to wait for my IP to be unblocked. Presumably this is to prevent their server from getting hammered. Trying again the following day will allow me to download further lyrics but with large libraries this might take more than a decade!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 01:23:47 am »

I already posted this on another thread (SUPPORT??).  Since that thread does not have lyrics in the subject, I thought if could be useful to post in this thread too for anyone looking for an easy alternative for grabbing lyrics.

Check out this free program:  https://www.mediahuman.com/lyrics-finder/

I’ve been using it for several years and it works fantastic. It is kept up-to-date (May 2020 most recent), and a super simple interface. Just drag a track, an album, or your entire music collection onto the program and it begins searching numerous lyrics sites. Typically finds a full album of songs in about 10 seconds. You can also use the add track or add folder buttons under the title bar, but I personally find it easier just to drag files from MC directly onto Lyrics Finder.

After it has finished searching, be sure to click the tiny clipboard icon in the bottom status bar. This writes the lyrics to file tags. Until that point no changes are made. After that, be sure to run the update library from tags command (only for the files you found lyrics for unless you want to update your whole library).

If you already have lyrics for a given track, it will ignore it and simply show your current lyrics, so no potential for overwriting good lyrics with bad (though I recommend you test that with a few tracks first to make sure it behaves the same for you).

rakon

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 04:15:33 pm »

Thank You very much!!!!!  This Program really worked fine.

wer

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 03:24:03 pm »

AZ has no policy prohibiting individual users from downloading lyrics using MC.

Reducing the number of connections to reduce server load arguably makes sense.

Removing AZ as a source to follow a policy that doesn't exist makes no sense.

If someone thinks AZ has a policy that prohibits individual users from accessing lyrics using mc26.exe but not firefox.exe, then show the policy.  Let's see a link.  Because it's not on their website.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 03:32:16 pm »

Azlyrics has been banning people for years. Please, if you can change their mind on this issue it would be welcome.

Here is an old discussion on MediaMonkey's forum.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74982&start=60

Again, you would do a great service to the community if you could change their mind. I just do not think it is going to happen.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 01:42:52 pm »

26.0.103 (7/31/2020)

6. Changed: Removed AZ Lyrics from lookup.
7. Changed: Only 10 files at a time are allowed for lyrics lookup.

UPDATE: No lyrics are being returned when a track by AC/DC is played or if I manually tell MC 26.0.103 to lookup lyrics.

rakon

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 05:46:30 pm »

No lyrics are being returned when the track is played or if I manually tell MC 26.0.103 to lookup lyrics.

Logical, because it no longer works

mikeintheaerie

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 10:37:29 am »

Lyrics don't seem to work for me any longer...Initially I had thought it was something being blocked in Win 10 but it does not seem so... too bad :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up