INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solved - 'Delete' file option missing under TV Shows  (Read 1296 times)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Solved - 'Delete' file option missing under TV Shows
« on: July 19, 2020, 10:52:31 am »

Greatday Yaobing,

On my MC Server it seems i don't have the 'delete' option into the Theater View 'TV Shows' roller.
The clients are fine and they also offer to delete the show after watched, but when playing onto the Server not.

-Option is checked under TV>options onto Server aswell.

When using Standard View the delete is their and working fine.

Where should i make this entry and which parameter to be used ?

Thanks sir !

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: 'Delete' file option missing under TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 06:27:55 pm »

Are you talking about the Delete button in Theater View or the prompt that asks you whether you want to delete the file after it is watched?  The Delete button should always be there.  The prompt will be displayed only if you have watched 85% or more of the show.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:37:22 pm »

The Delete button in Theatre View is only available when you drill down all the way to individual files. It is still there for me on the Server. It isn't available at the Series or Season level, so not directly under the Theater View 'TV Shows' roller.

That seems appropriate. Otherwise, someone could easily delete a whole Season or Series unintentionally. i.e. Trying to delete the latest episode just watched, and delete the whole Season instead, would be just a little frustrating, since the files aren't put into the Recycle Bin, and would be gone forever.

There were some changes to when the Delete button appeared not so long back. Perhaps you never noticed them until now?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 05:17:51 am »

Many thanks Yaobing, RoderickGI,

Correct i do miss both the delete button as also the prompting near the end of a watched show.
But only missing at the MC Server. As onto both Clients it's working fine, what's even more strange as the clients are connected to the Server's library. So most of the settings are shared aswell right ?
I recently eliminated the use of one more client as renderer and have started to playback onto the Server (DP and USB extender).
So not sure if it's missing already a long time or not.
Running .98

RoderickGI, i understand your saying and it makes sense, but I'm talking onto individual recorded programs, not series.

Thanks for both your help, not sure where to search or check next.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 08:19:42 am »

Reboot the server machine?

I wish those buttons at the top were removable / customizable! I hate with a passion the "Watch All" button when I get to a SINGLE tv show, it's redundant and a PIA because it always moves itself to the front. Plus there's already a "Play All" button when you get to the SERIES level, so why another one when you get to the single show??? Should be removed.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 09:02:41 am »

Greatday Tzr916,

Reboot the server machine?
Tried several times, no luck.

I wish those buttons at the top were removable / customizable! I hate with a passion the "Watch All" button when I get to a SINGLE tv show, it's redundant and a PIA because it always moves itself to the front. Plus there's already a "Play All" button when you get to the SERIES level, so why another one when you get to the single show??? Should be removed.
I agree with you in full !
Doesn't have any additional value and taking space.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 03:13:12 pm »

Where should i make this entry and which parameter to be used ?

Tool > Options > Theater View > Behavior > Allow file deletion

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 03:01:56 am »

BINGO !!!!
Many thanks Yaobing, most have overlooked everytime this tickbox :-(
I even don't reminder having this option deselected at some time.

Anyway thanks to all for your help !

Take care and stay safe !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 07:42:32 am »

When I look at a series view, I only get "Play All" if I view a collection of shows (from a series with a bunch of shows).  Clicking on a series with a single show just shows that one file with the watch choice.

Can you help me find when it's showing Play All that it shouldn't?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
Re: Solved - 'Delete' file option missing under TV Shows
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 08:11:54 am »

If I understand this correctly, "Watch All" shows up only if you have a collection of TV Shows that are in the same series (all tagged with the same value in Series field), whereas "Play All" appears more readily (for any video).  I am not sure of the intention of "Play All", but I think "Watch All" is intended for you to watch an entire series.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 03:57:04 pm »

First picture shows the valuable Play All at the SERIES level.
Second picture shows the redundant and pesky Watch All at the single EPISODE level.
IMO the option to play all is good enough, once you are at the single episode the watch all option, which keeps moving to the top/first position, is no longer needed and should be killed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 07:06:15 pm »

Except that the "Watch All" menu item doesn't move to be the first item in the list for me, except perhaps when I have imported a brand new Series (or Season), and possibly a few other odd occasions. Very rarely.

However, if I select "Watch All", then the next time I go back into the file level of a Series, "Watch All" will be the first item in the list. Then if I select "Watch", the next time I go to the file level, again "Watch" is the first item on the menu. MC remembers the selection you made in the past, and offers that selection again the next time. That is pretty neat.

My vote is for "Watch All" to stay where it is, doing what it is. I don't use it often, but I do often drill down to the file level to read the description of the Pilot of a new series, and then if I have multiple episodes already, I might select "Watch All". I have never used the "Play All" menu item for Episodes of a Series. For a start, it requires and Up Arrow from the highlighted episode name, and a Right Arrow to get to it. "Watch" and "Watch All" don't require this extra navigation.

This discussion has happened before. Leave it alone thanks.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 08:42:09 pm »

I'd be fine with leaving it as an option, but "Watch" should always be stuck to the first position. For whatever reason, it's certainly not remembering my last choice and it moves all the time (as shown in my pics). I just don't get why "Watch All" needs to be moving back and forth/into the top position for any reason at all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up