INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pane tagging request  (Read 956 times)

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
Pane tagging request
« on: July 20, 2020, 02:52:47 am »

I would be so happy if you can change the way pane tagging "enable" works. Each time I refresh a view and also when I select a different view, pane tagging is disabled. I use pane tagging a lot. I think I click enable pane tagging like 50 times each day. Feels like wasted use of my mouse arm. A little bit annoying.

Can you make it stay on? Using an option, maybe. Or just keeping it on until the user disables it.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Wilhelm Kabus

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Pane tagging request
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 04:21:25 am »

No response here...

But v27 was bought anyway!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 08:58:00 am »

I'm not sure on this because we show the message each view switch to avoid accidental edits.

F4 turns it on, so maybe you could just get used to tapping?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 12:13:12 pm »

Yes, Matt - your argument is valid. But I would live happily with this risk.

I have been using JRiver in front of my hi-fi for close to ten years only using a mouse. No F4 key on that one. The PC and keyboard are hidden behind my stereo rack, 10 feet from me. And I don't want a wireless keyboard in my sofa. The mouse is good enough for everything. But the pane tagging enable is a little bit frustrating.

I might be the only user who would appreciate this feature. You could fix with an option, "Keep pane tagging on". And send me the invoice for the work!  :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 12:21:39 pm »

Oh what the heck!

Coming to MC27:
NEW: Added the option to keep pane tagging on to Options > General > Advanced.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 12:52:58 pm »

Love you, Matt...  :D

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 03:15:26 pm »

I know I've wished for this as well, but it's one of those things that I just know I would wind up shooting myself in the foot with.

What about something like, if you click the checkbox the first time, it enables tagging mode, click it again to select. It still requires conscious effort but is a little less jarring. Or like an idiot light somewhere to make it even clearer that I'm in tagging mode?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 08:04:43 pm »

I'm with you Doof. Pane Tagging is very powerful, and it would be easy to tag a whole lot of files with the wrong thing if it is always turned on.

I like the idea of an idiot light. The checkboxes shift from greyed out to black currently when Pane Tagging is turn on, but maybe the checkbox background could turn red, or something like that, to highlight the status.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up