INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Who folder in Playlist  (Read 1861 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
Dr. Who folder in Playlist
« on: July 23, 2020, 09:45:19 am »

I have an old Dr. Who folder that shows in playlist/Theater View. I originally had four playlists in the folder. i was able to  partially delete the playlists, meaning i was able to delete the songs but the name of the playlist still appear in empty blocks in the folder.  I want to delete the entire folder. if i right click on it in theaterview there is no option to delete the folder. the folder does not show in the tree in standard view.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dr. Who folder in Playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 07:11:51 pm »

I had to think about what you were trying to do there. I would certainly expect the folder to have appeared in Standard View while there were Playlists still in it. But I guess once all Playlists were removed from the folder, Standard View doesn't display them. Hmmm. No, a Playlist Group, which is the folder you are talking about, remains visible in Standard View once the group is empty. But it disappears from Theatre View once empty.

Anyway, in Theatre View, right-click the folder or Playlist name, then select "More Play Options". There is a "Delete" option at the bottom, at least in my installation. Careful here, it looks like that deletes files (or removes them from the Library), but if the folder is visible but empty, it might just delete the folder or Playlist name.

I didn't try to replicate what you have, as I didn't want to delete any files! I could fix everything in Standard View.

Maybe do a Library Backup before trying. Maybe try restarting MC, or rebooting the PC, before trying the delete. MC may fix itself.

Does that delete work for you?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 09:43:14 am »

Delete did not work. In regards to your response even when the folder had all 4 playlists, it did not appear in standard view. The folder was created by JRiver as the name appears as Doctor Who - B650D914.  Since it did not appear in standard view i thought that by deleting the playlists the folder would be deleted too. i have done a backup, restarted and rebooted nothing has worked.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 03:59:31 pm »

That all sounds abnormal.

Can you provide a screenshot of the folder in Theatre View?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 08:29:17 am »

i  have not uploaded screenshots before so i hope this works

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 05:05:26 pm »

Well, you have beaten me.

I think I could fix it if it was my Library here, but only by doing some dodgy stuff with the Library, involving exporting all Playlists, deleting a file in the Library, re-importing the Playlists, then re-arranging them again the way they were before. That would entail some risk that I wouldn't get my Playlists back the way they are now, but I think it would work. Library Backups would be essential.

What is strange is:
1. That the Playlist Group (folder) was created by MC. I've not seen that happen. That implies it was supposed to be an internal, (possibly hidden) Playlist Group that MC was using for something, and hence should manage itself.
2. That the Playlist Group (folder) doesn't appear in Standard View. All Playlists and Groups appear in Standard View, except maybe internal MC system Playlists. But why would they appear in Theatre View?

Could the Playlist Group have originally been named something else, and it accidentally got renamed? If it was marked as a System Playlist, like the "Recent Playing Now's" Playlist Group, it might prevent deletion from Theatre View. But I'm not even sure MC has such system Playlist Groups.

Well, actually there is no delete function for Playlists and Playlist Groups in Theatre View. All those delete functions work on files, not the Playlists and Playlist Groups. Hopefully you haven't accidentally deleted some files while testing the delete function. I removed a few from my Main HTPC Library unintentionally, and will now need to do a Library Restore on my HTPC. Ooops.

Maybe someone else can help?

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 06:27:23 pm »

thank you for your time and effort in trying to help me.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 07:42:15 pm »

8)  You're welcome.  :D

GaryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 08:37:39 am »

I have an old Dr. Who folder that shows in playlist/Theater View. I originally had four playlists in the folder. i was able to  partially delete the playlists, meaning i was able to delete the songs but the name of the playlist still appear in empty blocks in the folder.  I want to delete the entire folder. if i right click on it in theaterview there is no option to delete the folder. the folder does not show in the tree in standard view.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Was this ever resolved as I have  a Doctor Who folder with the same name that I can't get rid of
Pages: [1]   Go Up