INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA and SMSL DP3  (Read 1783 times)

gm.cnc

• Recent member
DLNA and SMSL DP3
« on: July 28, 2020, 12:05:00 pm »

Hi

I just bought a SMSL DP3 remote player which can be controlled using DLNA. I have a Mediacenter 26 master license and use it on both a Linux music server and Window10 laptops.

While DLNA works correctly on Windows 10, I can't control the DP3 from the Linux server. Is there an update planed?

Thanks in advance

Gilles

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: DLNA and SMSL DP3
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 01:23:56 pm »

Hi

I just bought a SMSL DP3 remote player which can be controlled using DLNA. I have a Mediacenter 26 master license and use it on both a Linux music server and Window10 laptops.

While DLNA works correctly on Windows 10, I can't control the DP3 from the Linux server. Is there an update planed?

Thanks in advance

Gilles

Media Center's DLNA features work about the same on Linux as on Windows in my own experience, so it may be a configuration or firewall issue.

Does the Linux server "see" the SMSL, or does it not appear as an option?  Have you made sure that Media Network is enabled on the server and the "DLNA controller" checkbox is checked?   Does the Linux server work with any other DLNA devices (i.e. can it see the Windows 10 laptops' Media Center instance as a DLNA zone?)

gm.cnc

• Recent member
Re: DLNA and SMSL DP3
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 03:04:15 pm »

Media Center's DLNA features work about the same on Linux as on Windows in my own experience, so it may be a configuration or firewall issue.

Does the Linux server "see" the SMSL, or does it not appear as an option?  Have you made sure that Media Network is enabled on the server and the "DLNA controller" checkbox is checked?   Does the Linux server work with any other DLNA devices (i.e. can it see the Windows 10 laptops' Media Center instance as a DLNA zone?)

The Linux server sees the DP3. There is no firewall. But playing does not work, or works in a very randow way without being responsive to stop command.

It works correctly when using a windows 10 laptop as a DLNA player. So it maybe something between the DP3 and the Linux server.

Gilles
Pages: [1]   Go Up