INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can not connect JRemote iOS?  (Read 605 times)

fleetz

• Recent member
Can not connect JRemote iOS?
« on: July 29, 2020, 12:15:34 am »

Am spinning my wheels trying to connect JRemote on my my iPad and iPhone.

JRemote 3.33 is asking for Access Key and states the key can be found in MC under Tools> Options > Media Network......... no Access Key is there? MC is version 26.0.98

Tried also connecting with IP address and it just times times out error, I have open up the port 52199 in Windows firewall and confirmed the PC IP address is correct.

IS there a "connect using JRemote for dummies" anywhere in existence? I am obviously missing something but need to break the going around in circles. When the actual remote app tell you to get an access key in a certain location in MC and it ain't there then your on a hiding to nothing.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Can not connect JRemote iOS?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:24:58 am »

Make sure in Tools> Options > Media Network the Option  "Use Media Network to Share this Library..." is selected.

That will populate the Access key for you and make it visible.

fleetz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 01:25:32 am »

Am spinning my wheels trying to connect JRemote on my my iPad and iPhone.

JRemote 3.33 is asking for Access Key and states the key can be found in MC under Tools> Options > Media Network......... no Access Key is there? MC is version 26.0.98

Tried also connecting with IP address and it just times times out error, I have open up the port 52199 in Windows firewall and confirmed the PC IP address is correct.

IS there a "connect using JRemote for dummies" anywhere in existence? I am obviously missing something but need to break the going around in circles. When the actual remote app tell you to get an access key in a certain location in MC and it ain't there then your on a hiding to nothing.

Thanks Scobie that did the trick.....wheels are now no longer spinning. :)

Appreciated the prompt positive reply.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 01:27:38 am »

Well done, enjoy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up