INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV functionality stopped working with Hauppage  (Read 641 times)

Doane

TV functionality stopped working with Hauppage
« on: July 29, 2020, 08:05:38 am »

I have happily used JRiver for nearly 10 years and have appreciated incremental functionality improvements and purchased many upgrades.  I have two uses: my extensive music collection (about 1,000 albums, nicely annotated, shared across three computers) and watching TV. 

Today, the TV functionality no longer is useful.  Without going into details (but emphasizing my persistence and expertise) I cannot get it to (a) control my 4 year old Hauppage card (which worked for 3 years with JRiver and still works with Hauppage software) (b) automatically scan TV guide from OTA signal. I still use it for music.   

Previously, I loved the TV functionality and used it extensively for TV watching.  The ability to quickly jump to anyplace in the program was great, as was the ability to control audio.  THe scheduling worked well.  Now I use the Hauppage software, which is horrible at jumping to a new place (e.g., skipping ads) and buggy in many other ways.  But it does control the card and it does effective guide downloading from OTA signal.  So it is all I use. 

Maybe some day I will once again buy an upgrade, but unless it is modified so that I can use it for my routine TV needs I probably won't.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV functionality stopped working with Hauppage
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:11:08 am »

If it stopped working, then the configuration changed somewhere.  Firewall, antivirus, driver, etc.  I'm assuming that it wasn't an MC update that changed it.

If you'd like help, please post more details.

keithpaladin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 11:23:37 am »

I also have been using this program to watch TV but for  the last year it has stopped working. I live in Canada and I use a Hauppage card to watch TV. The TV guide has not worked for over a year since version 25. It initially worked the stopped. I loved this software but something happened. I have checked my firewalls and anti-virus ( Bittdefender) and I have given up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 11:27:23 am »

I think this may be specific to Hauppage.  Perhaps it uses a 32 bit drive.  You could try the 32 bit version of MC.   It's on the Download Page.

The program guide has been a problem since Microsoft stopped supporting it.  You could read the EPG thread here for more information.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 04:53:07 pm »

Specific version of MC you have tried most recently?
Specific version of Windows you are using?
Specific model of Hauppauge tuner you are using?
Specific drivers used for the tuner?
MC and network configuration? Standalone PC, Client/Server? One router, with DHCP running. Anything special?

The Hauppauge works with MC, by all reports (I don't have one). I can't remember issues that Yaobing hasn't been able to resolve when enough information was provided.

Windows 10 changes, and the consequent security software changes, have been the most common issues, along with hardware failure.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up