INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDMI problem  (Read 1735 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
HDMI problem
« on: July 29, 2020, 10:54:43 pm »

Hello,

I have an older version of JRiver. But guess all same. I use JRiver only for Music from computer to surround.  I got a Denon Avr 1400.

With a USB Dac, no issues.  But that sounds too thin for me.  But on HDMI, I have issues.

First,  JRiver will only see the Denon receiver, when projector is on (not use TV).  Bit annoying to put it on every time, but so be it.  When putting projector off, after playing movie, have to restart the  music again.  But if I not configure the computer, by leaving the screen on all the time, it will stop the music every time the screensaver gets on. I tried a lot of other things. Use Audio only in JRiver, extend the screens, computer and Denon/projector. Put the computer screen off manually, but every time the music will stop playing, if I not let the computer screen on.

Feedback welcome....

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDMI problem
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 12:51:43 pm »

In Options there is a setting to prevent the display from sleeping when playing.

It's in Audio settings: Disable Display from Turning Off...

That's one thing to try.
Another might be to by an EDID spoofing device. This is not a JRiver problem, but rather how your Denon handshakes with Windows.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: HDMI problem
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 11:26:15 pm »

In Options there is a setting to prevent the display from sleeping when playing.

It's in Audio settings: Disable Display from Turning Off...

That's one thing to try.
Another might be to by an EDID spoofing device. This is not a JRiver problem, but rather how your Denon handshakes with Windows.

Thank you. Denon handshakes are often a problem, also with my mediaplayer, who always output wrong resolution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up