INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chromecast  (Read 2190 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
Chromecast
« on: August 08, 2020, 10:55:52 am »

Can you cast to a chromecast from JRiver server. chromecast does not appear in list. if it is  not supported are there plans to support in future versions

2nd question
casting from gizmo but is hit or miss. sometimes it cast on the first time i select the chromecast other times i have to connect then disconnect multiple times to get it to work. once it does cast the music continues to plays on my android phone. the music on my phone and the music being cast are extremely out of sync. help on what i am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Chromecast
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 02:21:06 am »

No I don't believe it is supported.

If you want to stand up a BubbleUPnP Server somewhere on your network then you can attach it to the Chromecast and it will be available as a DLNA device on MC.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 11:51:52 am »

thanks for the response

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 01:21:37 pm »

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 05:16:11 pm »

You can cast to Chromecast using JRemote2, which of course would be connected to the MC Server.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up