INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading TV Programming Guides  (Read 742 times)

froschling

• Recent member
  • New User
Loading TV Programming Guides
« on: August 15, 2020, 05:41:24 am »

I am setting up JRM.

Initially I was able to get program information from the OTA EPG and some 23058 program details were loaded.

I noticed that one of my favourite channels - BBC4 on Channel 9 - wasn't available so re-scanned and found it.

Now I find I cannot get the program information back. The system reports it is retrieving the information. The TV Logs show that OTA EPG loading was successful but this time 0 programs were loaded.

I also tried the MC2XML option but that reports that though the external program execution was successful no data was loaded.

I suspect I have set some option that prevents the data from being loaded even though it is being collected but cannot find it.

I would be grateful if anyone can suggest what I'm doing wrong.

Regards,

John

Starting out with JRM

froschling

• Recent member
  • New User
Loading Program Guides
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 05:47:09 am »

Hello,

Can you help?

I am having problems loading the electronic program guides.

Initially I was able to load an OTA EPG but since I rescanned the channels it no longer works.

It seems to be downloading the data but none appears in the on screen listing.

I'd be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

John
Starting out with JRM

froschling

• Recent member
  • New User
Re: Loading TV Programming Guides
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 09:22:18 am »

After several hours of trying different configurations the OTA EPG suddenly started to work. I'm sorry to say that I cannot explain exactly why. I must have changed or reset something - a filter perhaps - while I was running through the options.

It has successfully downloaded, and populated, the TV Listings three times and is currently running another background task. My feeling is that it does download the data but did not extract the program listings successfully. Now, mercifully, this appears to be happening.

I'll post more details if anything else happens.

John
Starting out with JRM
Pages: [1]   Go Up