INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asus essence stx + Fiio D03K no sound (solved)  (Read 649 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Asus essence stx + Fiio D03K no sound (solved)
« on: May 04, 2023, 12:29:15 pm »

I just bought a dac fiio D03K  to test it on my pc. I have connected it with a spdif to my asus essence stx soundcard(red light is showing in both ends) and  on the Fiio it is switched to optical(separete swich for using either coaxial or optical and it is turned on optical, I have also tried coaxial). Also on the Fiio both lights are luminating, red light for power on and blue light(locked) for valid input signal. But I have no sound using jriver or youtube. In windows audio setting I have chosen spdif pass-through device (asus xonar....). The Fiio does not support DTS or Dolby, but this is not important here I think. It has blue light for valid audio unput. Also when I click on "test" under sounds on windows ...I can see the green light indicating signal is active. But no sound. Am I missing something here?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Asus essence stx + Fiio D03K no sound
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 12:44:52 pm »

when I click on sounds and get up the box which shows the devices or connections for playing sound I click properties for the selected spdif..and her I get and  option and question what does the receiver support...DTX, Dolby digital and microsoft wma pro audio( here i did not tick off anything since it does not support dtx, dolby ms wma) and also what frequences it supports her I chose all of them as it supports 32 to 192 khz.

I probably dont know enough about this...but the lack of support of dtx and dolby could be the problem or is this not so?

dtx and dolby is this important?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Asus essence stx + Fiio D03K no sound
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 01:02:33 pm »

maybe asus xonar essence stx and this fiio D03K does not go together.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Asus essence stx + Fiio D03K no sound (solved)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 01:28:45 pm »

It was my asus xonar soundcard. It had to be set to pcm as I used spidf out(done through the xonar software). now everything works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up