INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB DAC - how to configure Multichannel SPDIF output?  (Read 5873 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
USB DAC - how to configure Multichannel SPDIF output?
« on: January 30, 2014, 01:01:25 am »

Hello,
Sorry, I am a complete newb with DACs...
Just bought a MUSE USB DAC ("PCM2704 Sound Card Optical Coaxial Decoder USB to S/PDIF Converter").
MC refuses to play through it when I try to play a multichannel piece (dts, ac3). Stereo (mp3, flac) plays OK.
I tried various combinations of settings in Playback Options and in DSP Studio but couldn't find the right combination.

I am getting the "Something wen wrong with playback.. The audio format may not be supported..." error message.

With my regular soundcard, I have Bitstreaming enabled (spdif) and it works for everything.

How do I set the DAC up to play multichannel?

The sound is fed to an Onkyo receiver via optical cable.

Thanks!
max

EarlK

• Recent member
Re: USB DAC - how to configure Multichannel SPDIF output?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:58:37 pm »

My guess is that you won't get ( compressed ) multi-channel sound through that card ( using the generic USB driver that it seems to rely on ) .

The Muse web-site did mention the availability of an ASIO ( or Mac ) driver ( for purchase from a second party ) that may increase this DACs capabilities .

I'd fully research the question ( before buying any new driver on "speculation" ) .

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:12:44 pm »

great info - thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:52 pm »

Installing drivers from unknown sites is not a good idea.  I've removed the link above.  Best to talk to Muse.

EarlK

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »

Installing drivers from unknown sites is not a good idea.  I've removed the link above.  Best to talk to Muse.

Sorry, my bad !  ( I'll keep that in mind )

FWIW, I had downloaded the demo driver ( & then scanned it with MS Essentials / & it came up clean ) .

:)

peterstamov

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 08:47:53 am »

Hello,
Sorry, I am a complete newb with DACs...
Just bought a MUSE USB DAC ("PCM2704 Sound Card Optical Coaxial Decoder USB to S/PDIF Converter").
MC refuses to play through it when I try to play a multichannel piece (dts, ac3). Stereo (mp3, flac) plays OK.
I tried various combinations of settings in Playback Options and in DSP Studio but couldn't find the right combination.

I am getting the "Something wen wrong with playback.. The audio format may not be supported..." error message.

With my regular soundcard, I have Bitstreaming enabled (spdif) and it works for everything.

How do I set the DAC up to play multichannel?

The sound is fed to an Onkyo receiver via optical cable.

Thanks!
max
Hi, I turned the internet upside down and came across information here where it comes to the psm2704 chip driver. Is there such a solution for 6 channels through SPDIF? When I bought the board I did not pay attention that the sound is 2 channels SPDIF?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 08:27:12 am »

You'll need to output compressed 5.1 (Dolby) if you want multichannel over spdif. Leave 2 channel sources as uncompressed pcm, bitstream dolby/dts, and for multichannel FLAC (for instance) use the DSP to encode to Dolby.

peterstamov

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 01:49:03 am »

my decision - new sound card

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 03:32:11 pm »

hey man, where did you get that new soundcard Dingshine D4-Mini? The only place I found it was ordering from China (AliExpress), and it's going to take 3 weeks to get it.

Thanks,

Steve

peterstamov

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 11:28:32 pm »

hey man, where did you get that new soundcard Dingshine D4-Mini? The only place I found it was ordering from China (AliExpress), and it's going to take 3 weeks to get it.
Thanks,
Steve
Yes Ali.....
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/32878079943.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.127.3dff18024YZoUZ&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 07:08:29 pm »

Yes Ali.....
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/32878079943.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.127.3dff18024YZoUZ&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

OK, thanks.  I guess I'll just have to wait.  :(  I was hoping you found it on amazon or somewhere much quicker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up